Question for ya,,,

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
When I workout my chest it seems to me that I work the front of my delts more than my chest.. I squeeze at the top of the lift, but It just seems the delts are doing most of the work.. It is this way with my bench press with the bar and with the dumbells.. same on the incline to.. I really want my chect to get a good burn... When I do the dumbell bench press, and squeeze at the top, it seems to get a bit more of a pump, but still not what I am looking for...

Any help would be appreicated...

Thanks

2fast2live

Awards
Maybe it would help to do a few sets on the pecdeck machine or some flys, to get the blood flowing to your pecs before you start pressing, Just my 2 cents

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
You need to think about your pecs moving the weight, totally focus on you pecs, close your eyes if you have to. Start with low weight. Mind to Muscle connection.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
When I workout my chest it seems to me that I work the front of my delts more than my chest.. I squeeze at the top of the lift, but It just seems the delts are doing most of the work.. It is this way with my bench press with the bar and with the dumbells.. same on the incline to.. I really want my chect to get a good burn... When I do the dumbell bench press, and squeeze at the top, it seems to get a bit more of a pump, but still not what I am looking for...

Any help would be appreicated...

Thanks
First of all the incline press involves alot of shoulder work so that is normal. The flat press is a full upper body movement and if your shoulders are lacking, they will fail first. A slight arch will aliviate some shoulder stress and your grip width will make a big difference also. Do some research on form and make sure your performing the lift correctly then adjust as necessary. You can not isolate your chest with a movement like this, if you just want to burn your chest then do isolatory movements like flies or pec deck etc. If your trying to grow, then you'll want to keep the bench and don't worry about feeling your chest. Lats, triceps, shoulders and chest are all primary movers in the bench press.

Good luck!