Here I go...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
OK. Well as my Avater says "Metaboliclly Challenged", I have decided to change this. Currently I am writing my MA thesis and have a good deal of time to get in shape.
First let me tell everyone that my idea of "in shape" is different then most of the people on the board. By being in shape I mean low BF and the ability to go and go a still be strong. Don't get me wrong I think it's fine for a person to want to be a huge beast and use back breaking weights but thats not the best thing for me right now.
I have been trying to nurse a few injures for the last 6 months and my gym attendence has been sporadic at best. And I have gotten a bit larger...ok a lot larger then I ever wanted too. And I am sick to death of getting out of breath running up three or four flights of stairs. As of about 40 min ago I weighed in at 220-221lbs and my waist is 37-38inchs.

So here is what am going to do. To start I am going to lift MWF with cardio after I lift for about 60min. Some people are going to say that I am missing my anabolic window but I am not concerned with that. Building mass has never been that big a problem...getting in shape has so thats the goal. And lifting will be basic compounds, for the most part, with some isolation exercises thrown in.

After about 3 weeks I will add more cardio sessions. I just bought Bas Rutten's MMA work CD's. And I am totally pumped to begin these. Guys over at MMA.tv and Sherdog.com swear buy them to increase cardio and stamina. Will be adding these two-three times a week.

Diet is just a lot of lean meat, veggies, fruit and nuts. To drink: diet green tea and water. Total cals are going to fluctuate between 1900-2100 a day. Still thinking about my micros, but 40-40-20 is something worked well in the past. Even registered on fitday.com to calculate out everything that goes in my mouth.

My short term goals are hit 195-200lbs. And the second is be able to do Bas's Thai workout all the way through 8 3min rounds without stopping. This I want done by June 1st.

Long Term 180-185lbs with about 7-8% BF and be able to do Bas's All around CD which is 29 min of almost continious PT. And during the 30 second breaks be able to do fast burpees or jump rope.
I also have some strength goals but I will wait to see how everything pans out.

Oh and supps. Multi/Fish oil/ Whey/ Glucophase/ Sesamin and cassius.
I wrestled long and hard about adding some TD test and using some of my PH stash. And I still may add some mohn around May or so. But I wanted to see what I could do without any anabolics, thyroid heromes or ECA's. I tend to get caught up in the latest and greatest supp to come down the lane. To the point that if I am not on something then I lose intrest. I need to change that.

I will update the long weekly. Tonight I am taking pics and measurments. I will post weight decreases and any increases in stregth on my lifts.

If anyone has any comments; please share them...other then my crappy spelling :trout:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Christ. I just noticed something. My thread has 15 hits. Some new guy has a thread about SD and has 115 hits. Jeeez, I know I am not doing any anabolics or some new supp that just came on the market but come on.
Thats way alot of you guys never achive anything in fitness. "I am using SD at 30mgs aday. And I weight 155lbs at 6'1. Can I achive my goal of 40lbs in 10 weeks on SD?" ****.
It really depressed me to think that I have been a member of this board longer the 99% of you, only some of the MODS have been here longer, and that a crappy SD/E-max/PP log can get 350 hits and one without some anabolic's name in the title gets 15.
How many threads are there with people trying to lose weight or gain muscle without any hardcore supps, hmmm? Two, three, maybe five? But 2/5th of the threads on this board are about some anabolic, that is being taken by someone who shouldn't.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I like you LC. :D Good luck. I'll be cheering you on.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
awww, i read your thread and wish you luck bro!

Atlas

Awards
Good luck, i'll be watching! I agree everyone here happens to be very supp dependent, even myself! I love watching natural cutting! If things get drastic and your losing muscle I don't think anyone would be mad if you added LX or Retain though.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Whip that ass into shape :whip:

Sounds like you have one hell of a plan in place. Only thing I would note is that 1900-2100 sounds way too low for a guy your size. Your diet will crash very quiickly and you will suffer needlessly. You can probably bump the cals to 3300+ on high days, and maybe 2700 on lower days. If long term loss is your goal, trashing your metabolism is going to get you completely derailed. You'd be amazed by how many calories you can consume while dropping 1-2lbs per week.

Something to ponder!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
As of tomorrow it will have been a week of being back in the mix. Let first say that this time around feels different. I just feel like, I dunno, it will work this time around. Historiclly I have no trouble gaining muscle it cutting that always does me in. And as stated in the first post I am getting over some injuries that have stopped me from going to the gym for the last 6-7 months.
Now my first week down. I am going to start keeping a WO journal on my own. I have been keeping track of my food intake on fitday.com and that looks good.
The only thing that has really happened in the last week is that my right knee is a little tweeked from slipping off the pedel while doing intervals on the bike.

I know a alot of people may be wonder what I am going to be taking. Here's what I am going to take daily.
Sesamin
Lean Ex I (had two bottles)
Cissus
Fish Oil.
Whey
Prolab Lean Complex.
This will go one for about 6-7 weeks.
And that point I will add Venom to the line up.
At week 10-11 I will add Mohn at 36mgs and Thyrogen-X

I changed my original idea because I know that my body will slow down around week 6 in terms of fat loss; unless I drop more cals or up the cardio even more. Since I don't think that will help I decided to use these supps, but only after a number of weeks. Plus my GF bought them on-line for me:eek:
In the next week I will post my weight and measurements.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed. Tear it up bro. I'm with ya on being in good shape, not a beast, just able to go and go and go and look sexy while doin it. ;)

whale

Awards
Good luck and good job. I like the idea that you have about in shape to me that too is the best look. I went through the whole huge issue and found that it was not for me at least not now in my 30's and injuries abound just being in that shape you talk about would make my day.

whale

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya. I pretty much avoid most threads that have Halodrol or SD in the title.

I look forward to following along.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Good luck and good job. I like the idea that you have about in shape to me that too is the best look. I went through the whole huge issue and found that it was not for me at least not now in my 30's and injuries abound just being in that shape you talk about would make my day.

whale
Thanks Whale and Jonny.
Yeah I stopped chasing the red-eyed demon called sheer mass in my mid-twenties. I never want to be over 205 lean. And with all the cardio based activities I don't think I will be! LOL

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
good luck brutha. i'll be following your progress as well. sounds like you've definatley decided on what bodytype you want to attain, so now it ain't nuttin to it but to do it. :D

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Friday 02/17 Log

Didn't get a chance to go to the gym today so I decided to break out the Bas Rutten MMA Workout tapes a week earlier then planned (it was either that or do Billy Blanks Cardio WO, my GF threatened me with it).

So what I did was take the easiets workout out of the four CD's and transfer it over to my IPod. The workout is 29.45min long. And it is two min of boxing combo's with one min of rest put in-between them.

I did 6-7 rounds with moving around and lite shadow boxing (practicing is number+combos) during the one min break. I was breathing pretty hard at the end.

A note to all. My log is going to be of both lifting and cardio. I am going to be trying different types of cardio in the coming months and I think that me letting you guys know about something other then the standard "60 min at 120 HR" would be good. Here things I am going to try:
All four a Bas's CD's
Spinervals (havn't decided which one yet)
Taku's intervals.
Sandbag conditioning
Sledgehammer work
Mediicne Ball work
Wheel Barrell work
and maybe if if I feel cult-like some Crossfit WOD's

dunimous

Board Supporter
Awards
Re: Friday 02/17 Log

seems like this should be a very intresting log. I will be following it for sure :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

never even heard of such cardio. i'm intrigued.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

zero, zilch, nada. i'm an eliptical kinda guy, which i have to start in 2 weeks. oh joy.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

Subscribed

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established

zero, zilch, nada. i'm an eliptical kinda guy, which i have to start in 2 weeks. oh joy.
Ahh. Ok Well
Bas Rutten's CD's are four CD's: Boxing (2 min and 3 min rounds) Thai Boxing (same time for rounds) All Around Fighting CD (Thai boxing mixed with wrestling sprawls and other plyometrics) All Around Workout (Push-ups, sit-ups, and anything else you can imagine) Each workout on the CD's last for about 30 min.

Spinervals are bike intervals that range from beginner which last about 55min to Elite, Lance type stuff that lasts for 2 hours of pure intervaals at different settings.

Takus Intervals: this was taken from Body By fish's website:
Always begin each workout with a 5-minute warm-up at a level of 3-4 on your R.P.E. scale. Follow this with 5 minutes at a steady pace that is just starting to get hard by the end, level 5-6 on your R.P.E. scale. And then reduce the intensity and do 5 more minutes, back to level 3-4 on your R.P.E. scale. This 15 minutes remains the same throughout the first three phases of your H.I.I.T. protocol. After this 15 minute period proceed immediately to the high intensity intervals, which will be described below. During the intervals you should be pushing hard, striving for about a level 7-10 on your R.P.E. scale. Always finish your session with a 5-minute cool-down, another level 3-4 on the R.P.E. scale.

Phase 1:
Weeks 1 & 2: 4 X 90 seconds work + 90 seconds recovery.
Weeks 3 & 4: 5 X 60 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery.

Phase 2:
Weeks 1 & 2: 6 X 45 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery.
Weeks 3 & 4: 7 X 30 Seconds work + 20 seconds recovery.

Phase 3:
Weeks 1 & 2: 8 X 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery.
Weeks 3 & 4: 10 X 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery.

The first phase will lay the foundation for the following phases. Obviously you can not sprint for 90 seconds at the same pace you can keep up for a shorter duration. Your job is to go as hard as you can for the given time specified. During recovery periods you may go as slow as you wish but DO NOT STOP MOVING! Active recovery is always better than passive recovery and will help remove the buy-products of your anaerobic overload more effectively. Once you reach phase 3, you can remain there in maintenance mode. Avoid boredom and stale training by changing machines* every 2-3 weeks as well as continually striving to train at higher resistance levels on each machine. * If you feel you are not fully recovering be sure to add extra rest days where needed. These sessions should be done 2-5 times a week, experiment to find what works best for you. Do your best to get in at least two sessions per week. If you are diligent you should start noticing an improvement right away. By the time you finish phase three you should be on your way to having a 30-gallon gas tank.

*For the H.I.I.T. portion of your training I recommend the following machines in order of my preference:
1) Versa Climber.
2) Air Dyne Bike.
3) Elliptical walker with arm attachments.
4) Rowing ergometer.
5) Cross country Ski simulator.

These machines have been selected because they work the entire body as a unit rather then just the legs alone. Although the machines mentioned are my favorites, anything will work, rope skipping, running, biking, stair-climbing etc. If you do choose running or rope skipping I recommend cross training with one of the above recommended machines to reduce the potential for overuse injuries due to the inherent impact on the joints from these activities.

** Example of an R.P.E. scale with values from 0-10:
0 = Nothing at all
1 = Very easy
2 = Easy
3 = Moderate
4 = Somewhat hard
5 = Hard
7 = Very hard
10 = Very, very hard

Sandbag is used for Oly lifts, road work, and anything else you can think of.

Sledgehammer: Hitting a BF tire for timed rounds.

Midince ball: Mainly Medice ball burpees and Plyo stuff

Crossfit is a workout program that focues on anarobic conditioning using weights, Kettlebells, sandbags, med-balls rowers and ect.

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
So are you doing any Superdrol???

:icon_lol:

Sorry had to say it!
I will keep an eye on this thread!!
Good work!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
bas rutten is amazing as well as friendly met him recently in my hometown. he did a seminar at our local fight club, very intellectual fighter, on the lighter side my buddy got him to leave the message on his phone it says "hey this is bas rutten if you dont leave a message ill punch your liver, leave a message after the beep." so damn funny it sounds more like wiver with his accent.

SUBSCRIBED

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
everytime i see this thread, i think of the whitesnake song "here i go again". :D

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
everytime i see this thread, i think of the whitesnake song "here i go again". :D
I was mid verse when i read this " going down the only road ive ever know, like a drifter i was born to walk alone....." :icon_lol: :woohoo: :rofl:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
and i've made up my mind.......
lcsulla's not wasing no mo' time.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Ok Monday workout.
Started off with cardio on the Treadmill: 35min/ 5.0 incline and built up to 3.9mph. Burned 355 cals.
Then did 5-10min of jumprope.

Then headed over to the squats; three sets: 195x7
Note: I am still nursing a sore back and I am starting back lite on these.
Four sets of 8 for lunges with 2 20lbs Dbs
Calf raises: 100-130 three sets for 15 reps.

Also weighed myself today BW:218. I started at 221.5 on the 9th. Still not taking any hardcore supps.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
2/21
Just did Cardio for 45min Cals burned: 360

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
......going down the only road i've ever known....... :D

keep on truckin lil fella

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
no thanks, you wouldn't like it. i just lay there and sweat :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Just saw this thread LCSULLA, good luck damnit!!! :D You sound like you've got it all down. ive been cutting naturally for about a year now, stuck at 11% but that's all going to change now that Ive upped my cardio by 500%:)

Only thing i would say, like Beowulf said, ~2000 cals sustained is going to be a bit too low. Im ~220 and my low days are ~2600, with a 3300 cal refeed every 7 days or so.

BV

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Just saw this thread LCSULLA, good luck damnit!!! :D You sound like you've got it all down. ive been cutting naturally for about a year now, stuck at 11% but that's all going to change now that Ive upped my cardio by 500%:)

Only thing i would say, like Beowulf said, ~2000 cals sustained is going to be a bit too low. Im ~220 and my low days are ~2600, with a 3300 cal refeed every 7 days or so.

BV
Yeah but I am a little bit like B5150 in that I need to do it with a larger reduction in cals. Example I was being trained by another online trainer and he had me at 2100 cals with carbs only postWO and my waist got bigger! For me a bulk is 2700 cals.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
2/22
Cardio: 290 cals

Back: 3 sets of Pulldowns 130x8, 140x8, and 150x6
2 sets of DB rows 55x8
2 set of low cable rows 140x6

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Usually I will do bi's on back day. But since just starting back, my bis get enough work, at this time, for me not to do anything for them. This should change in a few weeks.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
2/24
Cardio 35min 360 cals

Chest
Warm-up 35lbs DB's for 12-10-8
Worksets
4 sets of 4 60lbs DB's
Dips
2 sets of 10 (did it with an assist machine set it on 60lbs)
French Press 3 sets of 10 30lbs-40lbs-50lbs.
Shoulders 2 sets of 12 Side laterals 10lbs-12lbs

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
2/24
Cardio 35min 360 cals

Chest
Warm-up 35lbs DB's for 12-10-8
Worksets
4 sets of 4 60lbs DB's
Dips
2 sets of 10 (did it with an assist machine set it on 60lbs)
French Press 3 sets of 10 30lbs-40lbs-50lbs.
Shoulders 2 sets of 12 Side laterals 10lbs-12lbs
Are you lifting after your cardio?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
no, he just puts it up there first to confuse you ;)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well it worked!:think:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I decided to bump my cals up a bit. I am going to be getting around 2200-2400 cals a day.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established