Any one do this for calves? - AnabolicMinds.com

Any one do this for calves?

1. Advanced Member

Question Any one do this for calves?

Well I have been lurking around here for ever now it seems. I rarely post and make good use of the search button!!

Well I have seen a lot of talk about calf training and how they are a pain in the ass to get growing. I have thought about how to get them to be monsters and one day walking to class I decide to put all the emphasis on my calves and do like calf raises while I walk, then walk just on my tip toes. Yeah I got some weird looks kinda, but I dont care. That night my calves were so damn sore...never felt anything like it and I know soreness is not a good indicater of anything...but it "felt" different somehow.

So today doing calves I decide to grab some 50 pound d-bells and walk with just my tip toes putting all the load right on my calves. I walked a hallway and back...around 50 meters total. I did four sets of this and it seems to hit the gastrocnemius very hard. I then finished with 4 sets of seated to concentrate on the soleus more.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried anything "off the wall" like that?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

yup, i do calf raises damn near all the time even while walking and sitting.......made my arms grow. go figure.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    yup, i do calf raises damn near all the time even while walking and sitting.......made my arms grow. go figure.
    Is it working? What do they measure now?
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Wink

I don't know who that was directed at max....? prolly at beelzebub but I will answer any way.

Judging by the mirror it seems to be actually working. I am getting more defination when I am bulking and I am getting closer to that diamond shape. I will put a tape to them when I get home (dont ahve one at college here) and if they are over 17 then I have definately made progress. I also can take some updated pics and show a before and after and we can see if it has been working.

Ryno
    out
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

it didn't do **** for me max. the only program that seemed to help my calves was the DC calf routine. f'ing hurts but i did notice improvements.

Similar Forum Threads

1. nostradamas and edgar casey...any one follow this stuff?
    By TexasLifter89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 03:21 PM
  2. any one have this problem??
    By just93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
  3. Need To Do This For Real
    By Ekse in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 03:04 PM
  4. Has any one used metacort for PCT?