another rate my routine

  1. Registered User
    nattheoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0

    another rate my routine


    i know there are alot of these in here but i figured i would post my routine and introduce myself at the same time as i have been lurking here for a while. my name is nat and i have been working out since i was 14 but recently after graduating i have slowed down from drinking and partying all the time, i now have decided to get back to working out. so here is my routine.
    Back/Bis
    Deadlifts 4x6-10
    Barbell rows 4x8-12
    One arm dumbbell rows 3x10-12
    Good mornings 3x8-10

    Barbell curls 4x8-10
    Alternate dumbbell curls 3x10-12
    Cable hammer curls 3x10-12

    Sit ups 4x15-20
    Side crunch 2x12-15

    Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Floor press 4x8-10
    Decline bench press 3x10-12
    Incline dumbbell press 3x10-12

    Alternating dumbbell press 4x8-10
    L laterals 3x10-12
    Cuban rotation(for rotator cuffs) 3x12-15
    Shrugs 3x8-10

    French press 4x8-10
    Close grip bench press 3x10-12
    Cable press downs 3x10-12

    Legs/Calves
    Box squats 4x8-10
    Leg press 3x10-12
    Leg extensions 3x12-14
    Leg curls 3x10-12

    Standing calve raises 4x10-12
    Seated calve raises 3x12-15
    One legged calve raises 2x10-12

    i used to used a lower rep routine but a couple years back when i started out i used a higher rep scheme and thats when i seemed to grow best(even thought i was grossly overtraining) so i figured i would try it out again.

  2. Gold Member
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    879
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by nattheoriginal
    Back/Bis
    Deadlifts 4x6-10
    Barbell rows 4x8-12
    One arm dumbbell rows 3x10-12
    Good mornings 3x8-10

    Barbell curls 4x8-10
    Alternate dumbbell curls 3x10-12
    Cable hammer curls 3x10-12

    Sit ups 4x15-20
    Side crunch 2x12-15

    Cut out BB rows or one arm DB rows and put in pull ups IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by nattheoriginal
    Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Floor press 4x8-10
    Decline bench press 3x10-12
    Incline dumbbell press 3x10-12

    Alternating dumbbell press 4x8-10
    L laterals 3x10-12
    Cuban rotation(for rotator cuffs) 3x12-15
    Shrugs 3x8-10

    French press 4x8-10
    Close grip bench press 3x10-12
    Cable press downs 3x10-12

    Is the Alternation DB press for chest I assume, or sholders. If its for chest, I'd say put in a nother sholder exercise (Military press maybe) and cut out one of the chest exercises


    Quote Originally Posted by nattheoriginal


    Legs/Calves
    Box squats 4x8-10
    Leg press 3x10-12
    Leg extensions 3x12-14
    Leg curls 3x10-12

    Standing calve raises 4x10-12
    Seated calve raises 3x12-15
    One legged calve raises 2x10-12
    I suggest cutting a set or 2 from the total calf work. Other then that it looks good.




    Good luck
  3. Registered User
    nattheoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    Cut out BB rows or one arm DB rows and put in pull ups IMO.


    Is the Alternation DB press for chest I assume, or sholders. If its for chest, I'd say put in a nother sholder exercise (Military press maybe) and cut out one of the chest exercises




    I suggest cutting a set or 2 from the total calf work. Other then that it looks good.




    Good luck
    \
    i find that after i have done bb rows that one arm db rows will hit the lats alot harder and pull ups or pull downs dont work as well for me, but i will try to switch it up for some variety

    the alternate db press is for shoulders not chest

    the one legged calve raises are optional if i dont think my calves have been worked evenly or enough and is only bodyweight
    •   
       

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rate my Routine
    By Imskyhigh87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM
  2. Another "rate my cycle" thread...
    By Val_0 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM
  3. Another ''rate my diet''
    By Collateral in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 01:19 AM
  4. rate my new routine
    By itzgambino in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
  5. Rate my Routine / Diet Please
    By MattRoeske in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in