lowering volume

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I am about to lower volume on back/bi's day, I am wondering what everyone does on this day? Right now i will be doing

(all are 6-8reps except deads with are 4-6)
Deads 3sets
seated rows 3 sets
pull downs 3sets
straight bb curl 2 sets
hammer curl 2 sets

Does this seem good to you guys or should I change a bit? This is the one area I continue to have trouble on and would like to see some ideas on people who had to lower volume to get better gains.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I usually change it up every 2 weeks. I'll hit lower volume heavy weights then switch it up to high volume with increased TUT. Works well for me. Always throw something different at your body I would say switch it up and lower the volume for 2-3 back and bi workouts then throw a day of high volume in there.

crazycal

Awards
i only do 1-2 exercises per body part-normally only 1-abbreviated training-crazy, but it works

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think ill try switching up high and low volume. So when you do high volume, you just change the TUT speed, or increase that plus add some sets or new lifts in?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
While I'm at it I might as well mention some other problems. Recently my back has become much wider which is always a good thing, the only problem is my chest hasn't been keeping up with it and now my shoulders/arms lean forward, meaning my shoulders don't stick out to the sides but more towards to the front of me (talking about the side part of the shoulders). Definatly makes my shoulders look much smaller on me. For chest/tris I do

db bench 3x6-8
decline/incline 3x6-8 (switch between the two every few weeks)
weighted dips 3x6-8
cgbp 3x6-8
flies 3x6-8

Chest used to always be a strong point but I guess it is stalling out lately it would seem, or my back just decided to explode. Either way, this is the other area I could use work on. Any advice on this?