Chest exercises that don't work shoulders?
- 09-25-2005, 05:46 AM
- 09-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by The Doberman
- 09-25-2005, 07:36 PM
If they're overtrained, why not just drop shoulder day? Or add a shoulder press exercise to chest day and eliminate shoulder day? Anyway, some chest exercises that don't use too much shoulder help are flys and decline presses.
09-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I have a feeling youre asking this because of rotator cuff pain. Its likely rotator cuff tendonitis. If your having pain in your rotator cuff, don't play around with this! You can't work your chest without working your rotator cuff. If you mess your rotator cuff up its bad bad. If I'm right, take some time off from upper body until it feels normal and then give it another week. Tendons take A LONG TIME to strengthen/build up/repair, compared to muscles. Train everything else outside of arms chest back delts tris and bis in the meantime.
09-26-2005, 01:47 AM
10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I had to cut out flat bench barbells a few years ago due to shoulder injury. But, I am now able to still lift heavy on flat bench with dumbells. But, I switch up routines all the time to see what is less irritating.. injurues suck.. just gotta compromise and overcome.
Be careful and get your shoulder checked out to see what's up.. you don't want to keep lifting hard in the gym if there is something seriously wrong.
Similar Forum Threads
- By mjswss57 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
- By Phoenix rising in forum Training ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
- By Skark in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:17 PM
- By Bean in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM
- By bpdaddy in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2002, 08:41 PM