Chest exercises that don't work shoulders? - AnabolicMinds.com

Chest exercises that don't work shoulders?

1. New Member

Chest exercises that don't work shoulders?

I think my shoulders are a bit overtrained so I want to leave them alone for awhile. But I still want to train chest. What chest exercises work shoulders the least?

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Doberman
    I think my shoulders are a bit overtrained so I want to leave them alone for awhile. But I still want to train chest. What chest exercises work shoulders the least?
    Delts are just part of the shoulder girdle that allows for adduction...anything that really works the chest is going to also work the delts/tris. If you're feeling that they're overtrained, then reduce chest volume but increase intensity a la HIT or Max OT for a few weeks.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

If they're overtrained, why not just drop shoulder day? Or add a shoulder press exercise to chest day and eliminate shoulder day? Anyway, some chest exercises that don't use too much shoulder help are flys and decline presses.
    •   

4. New Member

I have a feeling youre asking this because of rotator cuff pain. Its likely rotator cuff tendonitis. If your having pain in your rotator cuff, don't play around with this! You can't work your chest without working your rotator cuff. If you mess your rotator cuff up its bad bad. If I'm right, take some time off from upper body until it feels normal and then give it another week. Tendons take A LONG TIME to strengthen/build up/repair, compared to muscles. Train everything else outside of arms chest back delts tris and bis in the meantime.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I would do whathypo says. Just don't lift too damn heavy and exercise the rotator cuff muscles too.
  6. New Member

I had to cut out flat bench barbells a few years ago due to shoulder injury. But, I am now able to still lift heavy on flat bench with dumbells. But, I switch up routines all the time to see what is less irritating.. injurues suck.. just gotta compromise and overcome.

Be careful and get your shoulder checked out to see what's up.. you don't want to keep lifting hard in the gym if there is something seriously wrong.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest exercises with shoulder injury
    By mjswss57 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
  2. Unique Chest Exercises
    By Phoenix rising in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. Dumbbell Pullovers - Back or Chest Exercise
    By Skark in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3