How does this routine look?

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of trying out this routine during my next cycle, what do you think?:

Monday: Chest/Back#1
-----------------------
Flat Barbell Bench: 3x3-5
Barbell Rows: 3x3-5
DB Incline Bench: 3x6-8
T-Bar Rows: 3x6-8
Decline DB Press: 3x8-10
Hammer-Strength Rows: 3x8-10
Incline Cable Fly's: 3x10-15
Cable Rows: 3x10-15

Tuesday: Shoulders/Arms#1
--------------------------
Military Press: 3x5
BB Shrugs: 3x5
DB Laterals: 3x6-10
BHB Shrugs: 3x6-10
Cable Laterals: 3x10-15
DB Shrugs: 3x10-15
CGBP: 3x5
BB Curls: 3x5
Dips: 3x6-10
Preacher Curls: 3x6-10
Cable Curls: 3x10-15
V-Bar Pdowns: 3x10-15

Wednesday: Legs#1
---------------------
Squats: 3x3-5
Standing Calfs: 3x3-5
SLDL: 3x3-5
Seated Calfs: 3x3-5
Leg Extensions: 3x6-10
Leg Curls: 3x6-10
+ Abs

/Repeat w/different excercises + sunday off

I was thinking of doing either this or a DC split. Which would you recommend? (Oh, none of the sets are taken to failure. They stop 1 rep shy.)
As for the Doggcrapp, I was just worried that the lower volume might not be best for training while "on..." Thanks for your opinions.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
It looks pretty solid, I've never ever done four different sets of rows on back. That would be insane, youll have to tell us how that works.
Are you doing that split 2 times per week? I would add rear delt fly's.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
It looks pretty solid, I've never ever done four different sets of rows on back. That would be insane, youll have to tell us how that works.
Are you doing that split 2 times per week? I would add rear delt fly's.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that m-w and either take a day off or repeat with different excercises, implementing all vertical pull movements for back and hitting the upper chest for the 3-5 rep range (strength) and hitting the lower/flat press in the 6-10 rep range for hypertrophy. I am just a little worried about the overall volume and recovery.. Well, I guess the only way to learn is to try it out and see what happens, and if I feel recovery lagging (in terms of both CNS and muscle fatigue) then I'll back off and lower the volume a bit, or perhaps do something like this:

M: Back/Triceps
T: Legs/Medial Delts
W: Chest/Biceps
TH: Off
F: Back/Triceps
S: Legs/Medial Delts
SU: Chest/Biceps

So essentially a 3on 1 off approach. Maybe I will do the M,T,W,TH,F,S routine (6-day) for 2 weeks, and then back off to a 4-day version w/less volume to ease off a bit. What do you think?

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the 4 day splits but I kind of want to get back to a 3 on 1 off. I've made up a couple of bi weekly routines before and I really like them, keeps it interesting.
Recovery for me always seems faster with the lower rep stuff, maybe because there's less lactic acid build up or something.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
3/1 while on is good, methinks. I find your shoulders & arms to be a pretty huge workout, 36 sets. That's bound to last way more than 60 minutes. Any way to bring that down? I mean, you are hitting legs the next day, and that's pretty intense...

How'bout replacing one shrug and one lateral with upright rows? Saves ya some sets right there... Anyway, it looks a little big to me. Other than that, seems good.