Sleep deprivation...

1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Sleep deprivation...

Any training/nutrition tips from new dads out there? Just adopted a 5 month old boy and nights and dayz kinda blend together and I'm trying to keep up with my training and diet - but damn it's tough!

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Naps are a must.. I can't remember what I did when my two were little... and I have just in the last 2 years started to get enough sleep...
  3. SJA
    dead sexy wino
    Answers

bump to naps....they currently get me through my hectic schedule. I also used them with great success when I was competing and single parenting. It's hard to find time to train, eat and sleep when you are the only one for grocery shopping, bill paying, house maintenance, work, coaching sports and whatever the fu*& else happens. Learn the art of "power-napping"
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    bump to naps....they currently get me through my hectic schedule. I also used them with great success when I was competing and single parenting. It's hard to find time to train, eat and sleep when you are the only one for grocery shopping, bill paying, house maintenance, work, coaching sports and whatever the fu*& else happens. Learn the art of "power-napping"
    Damn...guess I got nothing to whine about if you did all that as a single parent! Once I get over the initial waking up at ever lil noise he makes I think power napping will start working. thnx
  5. Registered User
    Answers

if your not sleeping right your F'kd
  6. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TravTriggz
    if your not sleeping right your F'kd
    what? does that help anyone? no.

dont post stupid ****.

as for the sleeping, i would have to bump to the naps. im not a parent so i dont know what its like with kids. i do know however about not getting much sleep, i would try to make the best of what you can get. ZMA might help you get more out of the little sleep you get, since in puts some people into a deeper sleep which would help you rest better.
  7. CDB
    Answers

And, should all else fail, Red Bull.

I've had on and off insomnia for as long as I can remember. Naps, when possible, are a Godsend.

Also, stay active in a cardio sense as much as possible during the day. It makes it easier to sleep when you get around to it. In other words don't just keep busy, keep moving.

I dread the time when I have kids, because I don't think I'd wake up when they needed me. I have trouble sleeping but, once asleep, I have no trouble sleeping. A nuke up my ass might wake me up, but it's a long shot. Usually to get up once I'm semiconscious I roll out of bed and hit the floor, and then the first thing that occurs to me is how comfortable the floor is.
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

Well..the good news is he's sleeping a lot more than he was so I'm managing. Workouts suffered a bit - but they're coming back goooood.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sleep deprivations 2x per week
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 06:20 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 04:26 PM
  3. Recognizing the Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
    By dannyboy9 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 11:15 PM