overtraining or undertraining?

yaston

Awards
I have been doing this new workout split for a 6 weeks now, have been great results and strength gains for all my body parts, except my chest. The current slip i'm doing is
day1: legs and abs
day2: chest and shoulders
day 3: rest
day 4: back, bicep, and tricep
day 5: reapeat
day6 and day 7 rest.

I'm currently doing a bulking cycel of deca, dbol and test E, taking in around 4000-4500 calories
Like i said strenght and mass gains have been great for all body parts except for chest.

This is what I'm doing for chest
5 sets of 12 reps of barbell flat bench
5 sets of 12 reps of incline dumbbell
5 sets of 12 reps of dumbbell flys
I usually hit failure right at the 12 reps. My chest is usually sore for a day or two. Now am I overtraining or undertraining? ANy advice or help will be nice. thanks

yaston

Awards
I was thinking of using this new chest workout:
3 sets of 5-8 flat bench
3 sets of 5-8 incline bench
3 sets of 5-8 flys
3 sets of 5-8 weighted dips
For variety I will switch between barbell and dumbbell each week for flat and incline. And switch between dumbbell and cables for flys and switch between decline and dips.

Also "SHould I take each exercise set to failure or just the last exercise set to failure.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Can't tell ya....you're an 'individual'. Try lowering the volume a bit and then try increasing it.

jbeam

Awards
I have been doing this new workout split for a 6 weeks now, have been great results and strength gains for all my body parts, except my chest. The current slip i'm doing is
day1: legs and abs
day2: chest and shoulders
day 3: rest
day 4: back, bicep, and tricep
day 5: reapeat
day6 and day 7 rest.

I'm currently doing a bulking cycel of deca, dbol and test E, taking in around 4000-4500 calories
Like i said strenght and mass gains have been great for all body parts except for chest.

This is what I'm doing for chest
5 sets of 12 reps of barbell flat bench
5 sets of 12 reps of incline dumbbell
5 sets of 12 reps of dumbbell flys
I usually hit failure right at the 12 reps. My chest is usually sore for a day or two. Now am I overtraining or undertraining? ANy advice or help will be nice. thanks
Try chest/shoulders/tris back/bi's legs/calves 3 day split worked pretty well for me. Just make sure you're getting plenty of good quality calories and don't over do it too much. I try and keep most of my reps from 3-8 except warm ups. Heavy weight and high intensity.