overtraining or undertraining?

1. overtraining or undertraining?

I have been doing this new workout split for a 6 weeks now, have been great results and strength gains for all my body parts, except my chest. The current slip i'm doing is
    day1: legs and abs
    day2: chest and shoulders
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back, bicep, and tricep
    day 5: reapeat
    day6 and day 7 rest.

I'm currently doing a bulking cycel of deca, dbol and test E, taking in around 4000-4500 calories
    Like i said strenght and mass gains have been great for all body parts except for chest.

This is what I'm doing for chest
    5 sets of 12 reps of barbell flat bench
    5 sets of 12 reps of incline dumbbell
    5 sets of 12 reps of dumbbell flys
    I usually hit failure right at the 12 reps. My chest is usually sore for a day or two. Now am I overtraining or undertraining? ANy advice or help will be nice. thanks

2. I was thinking of using this new chest workout:
    3 sets of 5-8 flat bench
    3 sets of 5-8 incline bench
    3 sets of 5-8 flys
    3 sets of 5-8 weighted dips
    For variety I will switch between barbell and dumbbell each week for flat and incline. And switch between dumbbell and cables for flys and switch between decline and dips.

Also "SHould I take each exercise set to failure or just the last exercise set to failure.

3. Can't tell ya....you're an 'individual'. Try lowering the volume a bit and then try increasing it.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by yaston
    I have been doing this new workout split for a 6 weeks now, have been great results and strength gains for all my body parts, except my chest. The current slip i'm doing is
    day1: legs and abs
    day2: chest and shoulders
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back, bicep, and tricep
    day 5: reapeat
    day6 and day 7 rest.

I'm currently doing a bulking cycel of deca, dbol and test E, taking in around 4000-4500 calories
    Like i said strenght and mass gains have been great for all body parts except for chest.

This is what I'm doing for chest
    5 sets of 12 reps of barbell flat bench
    5 sets of 12 reps of incline dumbbell
    5 sets of 12 reps of dumbbell flys
    I usually hit failure right at the 12 reps. My chest is usually sore for a day or two. Now am I overtraining or undertraining? ANy advice or help will be nice. thanks
    Try chest/shoulders/tris back/bi's legs/calves 3 day split worked pretty well for me. Just make sure you're getting plenty of good quality calories and don't over do it too much. I try and keep most of my reps from 3-8 except warm ups. Heavy weight and high intensity.

Similar Forum Threads

1. overtraining or uneating
    By b555 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
  3. Did I overtrain or just exhaust myself?
    By parttimer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 01:52 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 01:41 PM
  5. Overtraining vs undertraining--wheres the line?
    By marshmallow man in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:11 PM