2x/week routine.....opinions

1. 2x/week routine.....opinions

Basically, i want something that is gonna be very simplistic, basic, as i am working out in my gargage gym. I am also a teacher and football coach, so my time is very limited. Anyway, what are your opinions of a good routine? that seems pretty sound and hits bodyparts directly and indirectly 2x/week.

I want something similar to this...but i dont wanna do squats and deads on the same day....

what has worked well for u ?

PUSH DAY:

squats 2x6-8
    inc. bench: 2x6-8
    seated military: 2x6-8
    dips: 2x6-8
    db calf raise: 2x6-8 (they're easy on the lower back)

PULL DAY:

deads: 2x6-8
    pullups: 2x6-8
    bb curl: 2x6-8
    BB row: 2x6-8

frequency:
    .................M......W..... F
    wk1..........ps.....pl.....ps
    wk2..........pl......ps....pl
    etc...

SAT:OFF
    SUN:OFF

2. It'll probably work fairly well....give it a try and if you get results, you get results Its not an illogical program.....so, looks good to me.

3. Looks good, have you tried this out yet?
    •   

4. Just started it this week and already like it pretty good. Basically the workouts are quick and u are hitting the core lifts. I workout out in my garage with a rack cage system and my setup is pretty sweet. Ill keep ya posted

thanks

5. I did something very similar this summer because I was always so tired from working that I barely had any energy for the gym. I liked it, strength increased, I dont know how it would be for size gains, since it was summer when I tried it I cant gain size for anything during the summer, keep us posted.

6. hey nate dogg, I feel the same way about gaining muscle during the summer. why do you think that is?
    For some reason it just comes on easier in the fall/winter. I think part of it is because of a schedule with school, plus not so much partying and working like the summer.

But for the thread starter: Just remember not to go to failure if you're going to hit the same muscle group twice in one week. IMO I tried push/pull and HST (full body workout 3x per wk), and liked HST better.

Good Luck!

7. Quote Originally Posted by cable626
    hey nate dogg, I feel the same way about gaining muscle during the summer. why do you think that is?
    For some reason it just comes on easier in the fall/winter. I think part of it is because of a schedule with school, plus not so much partying and working like the summer.
    For me, I am working so much during the summer it messes with my lifting schedule and diet big time, a 12hr day is a little on the short side for me during the summer. I have a fast metabolism anyways, and then put on top of that working and being active out in the heat and that is alot more calories burned. I have been able to gain a little strength during the summer, but I always lose weight, never fails.

8. Looks solid, with the best compound lifts in there. Good hoice.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 250mg sust 2x/week
    By FAMOUSX1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
  2. 6 day a week routine any one have?
    By theBIGcactus in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 01:27 PM
  4. Replies: 10