2x/week routine.....opinions

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Basically, i want something that is gonna be very simplistic, basic, as i am working out in my gargage gym. I am also a teacher and football coach, so my time is very limited. Anyway, what are your opinions of a good routine? that seems pretty sound and hits bodyparts directly and indirectly 2x/week.

I want something similar to this...but i dont wanna do squats and deads on the same day....

what has worked well for u ?

PUSH DAY:

squats 2x6-8
inc. bench: 2x6-8
seated military: 2x6-8
dips: 2x6-8
db calf raise: 2x6-8 (they're easy on the lower back)

PULL DAY:

deads: 2x6-8
pullups: 2x6-8
bb curl: 2x6-8
BB row: 2x6-8

frequency:
.................M......W.....F
wk1..........ps.....pl.....ps
wk2..........pl......ps....pl
etc...

SAT:OFF
SUN:OFF

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It'll probably work fairly well....give it a try and if you get results, you get results :) Its not an illogical program.....so, looks good to me.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks good, have you tried this out yet?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Just started it this week and already like it pretty good. Basically the workouts are quick and u are hitting the core lifts. I workout out in my garage with a rack cage system and my setup is pretty sweet. Ill keep ya posted

thanks

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I did something very similar this summer because I was always so tired from working that I barely had any energy for the gym. I liked it, strength increased, I dont know how it would be for size gains, since it was summer when I tried it I cant gain size for anything during the summer, keep us posted.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey nate dogg, I feel the same way about gaining muscle during the summer. why do you think that is?
For some reason it just comes on easier in the fall/winter. I think part of it is because of a schedule with school, plus not so much partying and working like the summer.

But for the thread starter: Just remember not to go to failure if you're going to hit the same muscle group twice in one week. IMO I tried push/pull and HST (full body workout 3x per wk), and liked HST better.

Good Luck!

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
hey nate dogg, I feel the same way about gaining muscle during the summer. why do you think that is?
For some reason it just comes on easier in the fall/winter. I think part of it is because of a schedule with school, plus not so much partying and working like the summer.
For me, I am working so much during the summer it messes with my lifting schedule and diet big time, a 12hr day is a little on the short side for me during the summer. I have a fast metabolism anyways, and then put on top of that working and being active out in the heat and that is alot more calories burned. I have been able to gain a little strength during the summer, but I always lose weight, never fails.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Looks solid, with the best compound lifts in there. Good hoice.