chest/delt day

davisville64

Awards
What do you think about combining chest and delts, and how is this routine? Thanks for all responses.

Incline BB/DB 4 sets (1-2 to failure)
Flat BB/DB 4 sets (1-2 to failure)
Decline DB 3 sets (none to failure)
a fly movement 3 sets (none to failure)

Sholder press 4 sets (1 to failure)
Leaning side laterals 3 sets (1 to failure)
Very strict lateral raises 2 sets (none to failure)

I'm going to leave my front delt alone, it gets indirectly hit enough with this routine. Also, I will hit my rear delt on back day.

rjones

Awards
I do something real similar but would drop one of the chest excercises unless you aren't prone to overtraining at all.

davisville64

Awards
I do something real similar but would drop one of the chest excercises unless you aren't prone to overtraining at all.
Im bulking now and was thinking of dropping the flys.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
IMO you have about 18 more sets than you need to work chest and shoulders.

BTW why not include tris in the same workout?

CROWLER

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i train chest and shoulders on one day here and there, b/c i feel my shoulders isnt quite the weak point that my other body parts are. I toss is some lateral movements with my chest day, and some weeks that is all I would do. So if shoulders is somewhat of a strong bodypart for yourself. I would suggest this split.
Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders have always been a problem area for me - lately Ive taken a different approach:

Training them 2x per week, my split looks like this:

Day 1: Shoulders/Bis/Tris/Cardiio
Day 2: Abs/Calves/Cardio
Day 3: Legs/Calves/Shoulders
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Chest/Tris/Cardio
Day 6: Back/Bis/Cardio
Day 7: Abs/Calves/Cardio

Every few weeks Ill hit the gym 3x per week and just go heavy with low volume, to prevent over training. Its working out pretty well.

BV

davisville64

Awards
i train chest and shoulders on one day here and there, b/c i feel my shoulders isnt quite the weak point that my other body parts are. I toss is some lateral movements with my chest day, and some weeks that is all I would do. So if shoulders is somewhat of a strong bodypart for yourself. I would suggest this split.
Sage
Yeah, my delts are probably my best bodypart. My chest/delt day was part of a arm priority split, bc they suck.