splitting up quads/hams

1. Question splitting up quads/hams

Have any of you guys done Quads in the morning and Hamstrings in the PM?

The only thing I wouldn't like about it is if the hams are hit too much (indirectly) in the morning, it wouldnt be good to hit them later that day.

2. I split up quads/hams except I do hams in the am and quads/calves in the pm.

My ham routine:
    3 sets Walking Lunges about 10 steps per leg with a long step to emphasize hams
    3 sets SL deadlifts
    3 sets lying leg curls

Quads:
    3 sets Front squats or squats
    3 sets Leg press
    3 sets Hack squat
    3 sets Legs extensions
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Grmlock
    I split up quads/hams except I do hams in the am and quads/calves in the pm.

My ham routine:
    3 sets Walking Lunges about 10 steps per leg with a long step to emphasize hams
    3 sets SL deadlifts
    3 sets lying leg curls

Quads:
    3 sets Front squats or squats
    3 sets Leg press
    3 sets Hack squat
    3 sets Legs extensions
    Hmm, might have to try that one. The only thing I see that might go wrong with that is my hams would be tired for squats in the pm.

4. I do them on different days, Quads and calves one day, then Hams and calves 2 days later.

5. I usually wait about 8-10 hrs before I do quads and I have never really experienced any sort of hamstring fatigue
    •   

6. I like to do them together, because I love the way my legs feel when they're all pumped. If I had more time, though, I can see how splitting them up would be very effective.

BV

7. Charles Poliquin was at one time a proponent of training the legs and hams in this manner. Although I am unsure of the
    science behind this theory, I believe that there are some benefits to training the same muscle group twice in a day.

I would love to hear someone discuss this in greater detail.

8. When I train quads I have no more energy to effectively train my hamstrings. When I started doing them on different days I noticed more growth in my hamstrings.

9. I think that one thing that is very neglected is how you eat the day before legs. On the day before I usually take-in an extra 400-500 kcals to prep my body for the hell that is about to happen. I usually do hams at about 10 am or after 2 meals and then I do quads/calves at about 7 pm or about 4 meals later...I eat this much b/c doing legs is not only the most demanding bodypart but it also revs up the metabolism more than any other muscle
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you guys split up your test dose?
    By mikeyboyeee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM
  2. New Split--Splitting up legs...
    By WeakPoint in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 01:31 PM
  4. splitting up var dosages
    By LakeMountD in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7