splitting up chest and bi's

davisville64

Awards
Today is chest and Bicep day, and I will be doing the following...

Flat BB
Incline DB
Decline BB
Incline flys
Barbell curls
Close grip preacher curls

Usually, I would do them in that order, finishing all the chest moves then going to bi's.

Would it be ok if I split them up, allowing for more recovery and less lactic acid build up, by doing this...

Flat BB
Barbell curls
Incline DB
Decline BB
Incline flys

Any help is appreciated. P-S, I do a total of 13-14 sets for chest and 6-7 for bi's.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i asked the same question recently, got no replies.

Vincent124

Banned
Awards
Superset them. I don't think it will make a huge difference, but try and find out for yourself. See which feels better and which takes less to recover from(probably wont be that different).

davisville64

Awards
I did this...

Flat BB
Incline DB
Decline BB
Barbell curls
Incline flys

Did my compound moves for chest, then one bicep, then my flys. I think it worked pretty good.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's what I do if my main group needs a break. Since bis shouldn't be getting worked that hard it's ok to incorporate them as a kind of "break" for your chest.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
that's kind of what i thought, it's almost like a break for the "opposing" group so you can keep up the greatest intensity in a shorter period.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another angle could be to incorporate bi sets in between chest sets. I see a few guys doing this at the gym, but I tend to need more breathing time in between sets.

So if your chest exercise was bench for three sets and bis were curls for three sets, just do a chest set then hit the curls, then back to your next chest set without much rest in between. A good way to not waste time, if your endurance is up to par.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
that starts to resemble edt (staley), alternating exercises between 2 different groups