Advice needed....pref. from a girl...

liftin mama

Awards
i've been lifting pretty seriously now for the past year or so...and i've definitely made some gains in regards to my strength and form. BUT now I really need to start sculpting and toning
(specifically in the areas of my "butt-thigh" and lower triceps.

I would LOVE some help/advice/tips on toning those specific areas...even a sample diet of a female would be helpful.

thanks!!!!!! :D

liftin mama

Awards
bump
i've been lifting pretty seriously now for the past year or so...and i've definitely made some gains in regards to my strength and form. BUT now I really need to start sculpting and toning
(specifically in the areas of my "butt-thigh" and lower triceps.

I would LOVE some help/advice/tips on toning those specific areas...even a sample diet of a female would be helpful.

thanks!!!!!! :D

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
People would generally need more background on you before they gave you advice. Reply with relevant information, current weight and target weight, current aerobic/anaerobic routines, current diet etc. A couple things: toning and scultping are two words that will get you bad responses around here, as there really are no such things, at least not as most people understand them. Toning is basically losing body fat. Sculpting is supposed to be the same thing but losing body fat in one specific area or putting muscle on in that area. Now you can put muscle on disproportionately in one area, but you can't lose fat that way. Losing fat is a body wide phenomena, you lose or gain percentage points. How fat is stored is determined by genetics, hormone levels, and things like that. How and where it's stored are mostly out of your control.

So, give a more detailed update when you get a chance and post your routines, diet and subjective goals (smaller/bigger butt, thighs, arms, lose triceps flab, etc), and you'll likely get a plethora of responses on how best to accomplish those ends. Bobo, the guy who owns/runs the board is also a kick ass physical trainer. If you've got the money you could go with his services, if available, and he'll get you where you want to be.

liftin mama

Awards
ok...i'm about 127 lbs..and my ultimate goal is to hit 120. i run for at least 40 minutes 6 days a week. i do a 3-day split (wed- shoulders and legs, sat- chest and tris, and sun- back and bis)...i eat approx. 1800-2000 cals. a day....it seems like a lot to me, but ive been told by many people to eat that much to increase my metabolism....i try my best to stick to the 40-40-20 diet....i mainly want to loose the flab on my butt/back of my thighs, and my triceps.

People would generally need more background on you before they gave you advice. Reply with relevant information, current weight and target weight, current aerobic/anaerobic routines, current diet etc. A couple things: toning and scultping are two words that will get you bad responses around here, as there really are no such things, at least not as most people understand them. Toning is basically losing body fat. Sculpting is supposed to be the same thing but losing body fat in one specific area or putting muscle on in that area. Now you can put muscle on disproportionately in one area, but you can't lose fat that way. Losing fat is a body wide phenomena, you lose or gain percentage points. How fat is stored is determined by genetics, hormone levels, and things like that. How and where it's stored are mostly out of your control.

So, give a more detailed update when you get a chance and post your routines, diet and subjective goals (smaller/bigger butt, thighs, arms, lose triceps flab, etc), and you'll likely get a plethora of responses on how best to accomplish those ends. Bobo, the guy who owns/runs the board is also a kick ass physical trainer. If you've got the money you could go with his services, if available, and he'll get you where you want to be.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
At 127 I seriously doubt you have much flab. :blink: Now is the time for some women to chime in with their experiences. The bad news I can give you right off that bat: those are the spots women tend to store fat in, and find the hardest to lose. Easiest way to lose fat is to manipulate your diet, drop the calories a bit, but not too much. A 200 cal drop is a 10% drop for you, keep that in mind. Find something that's in your diet that's only a 100-200 calories and see if you can ditch it. People more knowledgable than me will have to give you macronutrient recommendations.

liftin mama

Awards
thanks for the help!!
At 127 I seriously doubt you have much flab. :blink: Now is the time for some women to chime in with their experiences. The bad news I can give you right off that bat: those are the spots women tend to store fat in, and find the hardest to lose. Easiest way to lose fat is to manipulate your diet, drop the calories a bit, but not too much. A 200 cal drop is a 10% drop for you, keep that in mind. Find something that's in your diet that's only a 100-200 calories and see if you can ditch it. People more knowledgable than me will have to give you macronutrient recommendations.