Electronic Muscular Stimulators? - AnabolicMinds.com

Electronic Muscular Stimulators?

Electronic Muscular Stimulators?

Are these any good for say muscle relaxing, and workout recovery? Have any members of AM ever experienced them and if so can you please share. Thinking of getting one and they are some-what expensive so I would like to know it is worth getting.

Members of another board says it is good for muscle stimulation, recovery and relaxation but not for muscular growth.

This won't help you, but I did see a fat chick wearing one around her gut on Maximum Exposure last night.

When she plugged it in it malfunctioned and started sparking and shocking the hell out of her. It was hilarious (just imagine a fat woman jiggling and screaming).

I had a commercial/therapy version 15 years ago... It worked pretty well, actually had some deep tissue soreness the following day. Seemed to work best on bis/tris. Was fun watching someone flex their bis when the machine was on. Instant lock on the bicep, painful as hell
    •   

Quote Originally Posted by asap nutrition
    Are these any good for say muscle relaxing, and workout recovery? Have any members of AM ever experienced them and if so can you please share. Thinking of getting one and they are some-what expensive so I would like to know it is worth getting.

Members of another board says it is good for muscle stimulation, recovery and relaxation but not for muscular growth.
    Heres an article link from T'Rag written by Charlie Francis

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=459574

Check out compex sport:
    http://www.compex.us/

I like ems for recovery and relaxation. As for as hypertrophy I'm not informed enoiugh on that subject. I would think though by flooding the muscle with blood and nutrients couldnt hurt
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd love to have one just to relax my traps. I've never heard anything about them producing any meaningful hypertrophy though. I suppose they could tone some areas..like obliques..but then so do deadlifts.

I've used them for my quads before to help with the atrophy from a knee injury and they worked pretty well, it is good for blood flow

Im going to school for physical therapy. I am a PT tech right now. We use those a lot just to get the muscle moving to increase bloodflow. In my opinion, the only way it could increase any muscle mass would be in a situation like The Greatest mentioned. Only when the muscle have had so much atrophy that they can't do anything else. The e-stim will at least make them flex and cause more blood to flow in. That will at least prevent some atrophy from occuring.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best preworkout stimulant(ephedrine free)
    By muscles4life in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. stimulating appetite
    By glenihan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 02:00 PM
  3. Muscular dysmorphia
    By BryanFury in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
  4. M4OHN CNS stimulant, Pulse Rate Increase