my calves are wrecked

iwinulose2981

Awards
ive always had pretty big calves so ive never really focused that much training on them but 2 days ago i decided to do a few rounds of jump rope.....bad mistake. today i found myself crawling out of bed unable to move. my calves are locked up with my toes pointing straight down. any ideas on how to get rid of some of this pain besides trying to stretch them and taking hot baths? i dont really have any sources for serious muscle relaxers but maybe there is something over the counter i might be missing. please help my calves

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats happened to me a few times from training calves a little too hard. I just got some Mineral Ice or Tiger Balm and rubbed it it 4-5 times a day, plus constantly stretching them out (yes its very painful). Try massaging them every night for about 20 minutes or so too. It'll pass in about 4 days.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've had similar. Just stretch and try to relax the muscle. I know stretching it is painful but it always works. If I continue to keep working it throughout the day it is good in the morning.