Cardio question for Lean One!

N

NotBigEnough

Awards
Hey Lean One, I know your the master of cardio so I had a quick question for you. This may have ben beaten to death, but what is the best way to loose bodyfat. . Long duration slow cardio (more fat cals burned) or HIIT (more overall cals burned). I read this article on avant labs and according to loki, HIIT is the way to go. Not only for overall cals burned but cals you burn afterwards.
http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php?showtopic=13930&st=0

What are your thoughts?

thanks man :cheers:

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
a simple search would answer your question ... low intensity is best (60-65% of your max heart rate)

N

NotBigEnough

Awards
a simple search would answer your question ... low intensity is best (60-65% of your max heart rate)
hey thx for answering glenihan.. Would you consider walking on the treadmill at 3 MPH low intensity?

C

charliewat

Awards
what about both?? I have from time to time walked in the morning then run sprints in the afternoon

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Like weights people respond differently to certain types of cardio. I myself use a combination of HIIT and low intensity, depending on the situation and factors of the day depends on which type I do. Also diet plays a big role in what type I do.

Basically I use a mix and I get great results.