Mass Volume Power Building Routine

tanto

Awards

I made this routine based partially on a some russian powerlifting/building routines outlined beyond body building by Pavel. It's very basic and I and my two partners have been making great gains off of it for the last 12wks or so. I've put back on 17lbs, my newbie partner has put on 13-15lbs and the other partner is on a cutting phase right has been able to cut while gaining strength, and all of this is with out any anabolics. Please take a look and lemme know what you think. It is based on a combination of powerlifting and bodybuilding principals. I know it's high volume, but since I and my two workout buddies are in Iraq then we have plenty of time to eat, sleep, train, and grow and we cut the volume to about 60% every 4th week and max out on bench, squats, and deadlifts. We are making great gains and I don't feel that we are overtraining.

I fluctuate the weight around 80% of 1rep max, EX, flat bench 190lb is middle weight so first set (after warmup) is 190, second 200, third 185, fourth 205, ect... I don't train to failure and if I'm nearing failure I adjust the weight down so I can continue with good form at 5reps per set.

Monday: (chest)

>Flat bench 65-85% 1rep max @ 8 sets of 5 reps

>Incline or decline (we alternate since my shoulders can't handle it every week) 65%-85% 5x5

>Flat DB press 3x5-7

>DB flys 3x8-10

Tuesday Bis)

>Straight bar curls 7x7

>Incline DB curls 5x7-10

>Concentration curls 3x7-10 Super Setted with standing hammer curls 3x7-10

Wednesday Legs)

>Squats 7x5 (65-85% 1rep max)

>Flat bench leg lifts 4-5x25

Thursday Tris)

>Weighted dips 7x5-10

>Skull crushers (EZ bar) 5x7-10 super setted w/ overhead DB tri ext 5x7-10

>Laying one arm DB check breakers (not sure what this is called...) 3x7-10

Friday back)

>Straight bar deadlifts, 7-8x5 (65-85% 1rep max) w/shrug at the top of the rep

>Wide grip pullups 7-8x5

>Chin-ups 5x5

Saturday shoulders, upper back)

>Clean and press 7-8x5 (65-85% 1rep max)

>Arnold press 5x5-7 super setted w/ one arm rows at 5x7-10

>Rev flys 3x10

Sunday (off)

Basic summary:

Mon-chest

Tues-Bis

Wed-legs

Thru-Tris

Fri-back

Sat-shoulders

Sun-off

I've been modifying this routine as nessary allittle but the basic lifts are always the same.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I tried Pavel's squat routine a couple of years ago. I had never squatted before I started it, so I had nothing to do but grow, but I did double my squat in about 6 weeks.

I think these routines are variations of German Volume Training. Most people here have said they have shitty luck with it, but if it works for you, which it obviously does, that is all that matters.

Are you allowed to eat as much and as frequently as you want in the military?

tanto

Awards
I tried Pavel's squat routine a couple of years ago. I had never squatted before I started it, so I had nothing to do but grow, but I did double my squat in about 6 weeks.

I think these routines are variations of German Volume Training. Most people here have said they have shitty luck with it, but if it works for you, which it obviously does, that is all that matters.
Yeah, it is loosely based around german/russian volume training, I think that the philosophy of rather than do many complicated exercises alright, do a few really well is a pretty effective training approach (at least so far).

Are you allowed to eat as much and as frequently as you want in the military?
I have a desk job for the most part, and the chow halls are great out here so I three good meals aday. And I take extra fruit and power bars from the chow hall and eat them with protein shakes (2/day 1/night). And they have a sandwhich bar at the chow hall, so I make a giant wheat/roastbeef/4slices of provalone cheese sandwhich and put it in a ziplock bag and take it and eat it with fruit and snacks after dinner chow. So it looks something like this:

0900: Breakfast: 4 fryed eggs, 2 boiled egg whites, cheese grits, canned peaches, and OJ

1045: 53g protein (Oni pro complex) shake w/ a pear

1245: Lunch chow (all I can eat)

1615: (post workout) 50g whey+180 cal dex (gatorade) w/creatine mono

1800: Dinner Chow (all I can eat)

2015: Roastbeef sandwich w/ a pear or two, banna and tblsp flax

2300: 35g protein shake (Pro Complex) w/ two pears or peaches

0200: (pissing) 35g protein shake (Pro Complex)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that is a massive daily caloric intake. It is amazing that that is possible in a war zone. I'm glad to hear they are keeping you well fed:D

Have you been noticing much fat gain?

tanto

Awards
Wow, that is a massive daily caloric intake. It is amazing that that is possible in a war zone. I'm glad to hear they are keeping you well fed:D

Have you been noticing much fat gain?
Allittle, not too bad though. I still got a six pack :cool:. I'm an ecto though and I have to eat my ass off to gain weight. I'm 6'1 and started at 155lbs one and half years ago and now I'm up to 190lbs. I just start a SD cycle this week at 10/10-20 (we'll see how the scale looks on monday)/20 I really wanna break a solid 200lbs before I leave here in sept.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lincoln.prtg Nutrition / Health 11
akboom87 General Chat 19
p4pbeast Supplements 62
p4pbeast Supplements 0