How many calories do you burn per cardio session?

  1. How many calories do you burn per cardio session?


    I know that the numeric counters on cardio machines aren't accurate, but even if they're not measuring calories they ARE measuring SOME amount of energy expenditure. When you guys use cardio machines (and I also realize not not all do), how many calories do you average before you're done?


  2. 500-800. I do an hour when I'm trying get in shape. I run most of the hour. Not the best for burning fat but I'm a wrestling coach so I have to stay in good shape to keep up with the kids!

  3. Why is that not the best for burning fat? That's a pretty good amount...unless you mean that the duration could be catabolic...
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa
    Why is that not the best for burning fat? That's a pretty good amount...unless you mean that the duration could be catabolic...
    It all depends on the intensity of the session. ie Heart rate.

  5. I forget the best number for fat burning buts its usually a fast walk. I attempt to run 4 miles as fast as I can then slow down to a walk for the last 25-30 minutes. Its usually not good to max out your heart rate for fatburning. Lean One your the cardio master, what does your session look like?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by stinkfinger
    Lean One your the cardio master, what does your session look like?
    Theese days I try to do an hr long session 5 to 7 days /week.

    I try to keep HR around 125 to 135 bpm. (~65%)

    This may all change after the 4th though.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Theese days I try to do an hr long session 5 to 7 days /week.

    I try to keep HR around 125 to 135 bpm. (~65%)

    This may all change after the 4th though.
    45 mins x3/week, approx. 600 cals per session, 70% staying at an average of 130bpm.

  8. I thought running sprints was good for burning fat??

  9. Quote Originally Posted by charliewat
    I thought running sprints was good for burning fat??
    Short answer, No.

    We're not talking about sprinting here.

  10. Right now I've been doing 20min of low intes. cardio after weights (4 days/week) and maybe 1 or 2 sessions of HIIT style training/week for about. This routine has and does work very well for ME

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Theese days I try to do an hr long session 5 to 7 days /week.

    I try to keep HR around 125 to 135 bpm. (~65%)

    This may all change after the 4th though.
    How's the cutting coming along LO?

    Back on topic, I usually go 45 mins low intensity @ 65% HR after workouts and burn in the neighborhood of 500 cals.
  12. Question


    Lean One: I know the fat burning benefits of low intensity cardio (~65% MHR for 45-mins to an hour on an empty stomach or PWO) have been discussed ad nauseum here - but what would be your advice for an individual that would like to reduce fat but needs cardio endurance for a sport? I'm thinking 4 weekly 20-30min sessions of 85-100%MHR with a standard preworkout meal beforehand.

  13. I am convinced that going vertical is the most efficient cardio -- stadium steps melts the fat away.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by nodgodbod
    Lean One: I know the fat burning benefits of low intensity cardio (~65% MHR for 45-mins to an hour on an empty stomach or PWO) have been discussed ad nauseum here - but what would be your advice for an individual that would like to reduce fat but needs cardio endurance for a sport? I'm thinking 4 weekly 20-30min sessions of 85-100%MHR with a standard preworkout meal beforehand.
    Mabey HIIT would be the way to go for you. Or, mix it up.

    Sorry, but I'm oficially out of this thread. Vacation starts now.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How many pills do you pop a day?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 06:54 AM
  2. How many sets do you do per workout while on?
    By sundevil04 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
  3. How many calories do YOU bulk on?
    By Chico222 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
  4. How many sets do you hit per body part?
    By beebab in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
  5. How much calories do you eat while bulking
    By jays23 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Log in
Log in