MAX BENCH PRESS

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.63%

MAX BENCH PRESS

My goal is 315, I rarely max but since my strength has been climbing a lot over the last 8 weeks (obvious reasons) I've decided I want to try and hit 315 while I can...So the other day I did 225 8 times clean and 2 more with a little help from my spotter, I know 10 times clean is equivalent to almost 300...anywyas the point of this question is within the next month I want to hit 315 how should I train chest for the next 3-4 weeks to hopefully achive this...Thanks anyone

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe08
    My goal is 315, I rarely max but since my strength has been climbing a lot over the last 8 weeks (obvious reasons) I've decided I want to try and hit 315 while I can...So the other day I did 225 8 times clean and 2 more with a little help from my spotter, I know 10 times clean is equivalent to almost 300...anywyas the point of this question is within the next month I want to hit 315 how should I train chest for the next 3-4 weeks to hopefully achive this...Thanks anyone
    Fortified Iron's Russian Bench Routine. Without a doubt one of the great bench routines (if you're into PL)

http://www.fortifiediron.net/mambo/i...d=38&Itemid=63
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.63%

sorry for being stupid...so this is a 4 week program...? and take the 1st wed. for example...you do bench, then inclide then a bench and incline super set...? What about if I just did the bench part and used my regular BB type workout for my other muslces, but still revolved around chest (bench)
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

It is a 4 week program. No supersets. Do all the sets for the flat bench, then do the incline sets, ect. Rest 3-5 min. between sets. Remember it is for strength so longer rests are needed for the CNS to recover. Don't rush the rest times too much they are important to hit the strength goals.

When I ran it the guys at FI suggested to substitute High Pulls or Bent Over BB Rows instead of Powercleans since I didn't have someone who was qualified to teach this Oly lift. If you know how to do Powercleans then def. keep them in there since they are for increasing explosive power needed with the bench.

Use a percentage calculator (the ones which you punch in your 1 RM and it tells you what weight for each percentage) to get the right weight for each lift before you start the program.

Keep a log for yourself and keep the program as is, it def. does the job.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The quickest way would be to address your week points. When you get stuck is it in the bottom middle or *******? Also you might want to throw some speed work in their.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Max bench press help?
    By clint3612 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
  2. Bench press max
    By D.Rabon in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 01:27 AM
  3. Video Of My 500lb Max Bench Press Gym Workout!
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. Maxed On Bench Press, 455
    By Adrenolin in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
  5. Maxed On Bench Press, 455
    By Adrenolin in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 05:40 PM