Need new routine idea's

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
Need a change up on my routine. I have been doing a push/pull type routine now for awhile and looking for something new. I am mainly trying to add some more mass.

Day 1:

Chest/Triceps
Flat BB Press 12x125 10x225 6x335 6x335 6x335
Decline BB Press 6x295 6x295 6x295 or Incline DB Press
Decline or Incline DB Flys
Flat DB Flys or Cable Crossovers
Dips
Tricep Pull Downs

Day 2:

Biceps/Back
Cable Pulldowns (Wide Grip) or Deadlifts
Cable Pulldowns (Reverse Narrow Grip)
Cable Rows or BB Rows
DB Rows
Pull Up
BB Curls
DB Curls
Preacher Curls

Day 3:

Legs
Box Squats
Cybex Machine
Machine Leg Curls
Machine Leg Extentions

Day 4: Day Off

Day 5: (Repeat Day 1)

Day 6:

Shoulders/Biceps
Military Press
Arnold DB Press
Front DB Extentions or Side
BB Rows
Curls
DB Curls
Cable Curls

Day 7: Day Off

Most of my sets are normally as heavy as I can go for 6-7 reps after warmups for most of them. Kind of a Max-OT type of thing. I have gotten good results but I can tell I need a change which has been hard to do. I tend to get into a routine and not change it.

Any idea's? Would you do Biceps/Triceps the same day and Chest/Shoulders and not continue the push/pull?

Thanks for looking.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of volume for shoulders. How are you responding to it? I'm on a similiar split push/pull/legs but i do shoulders on the push day for around 4-6 total sets. I really like this split, i've just started it from a higher volume lowering frequency type split where I would pretty much destroy each body part one day a week. Now i'm training w/less volume and hitting each body part every 4-5 days.

The best thing i can tell you to do is experiment. I've been in a weird transitional phase for like a month or longer and i'm just now figuring out my new split, but as always things are always changing.

perfect270

Awards
One thing I do when trying to spark new gains is cut out all the cute stuff (supersets/burn outs, etc..) and I will choose 3 of the most grueling excercises for the bodypart group and I will only do 3 sets of each exercise (not counting a warm up). I will usually get 10 solid reps on the first set and the remaining sets will be HEAVY and all of them will be assisted. You can feel the GH circulating from this then it's straight home for a healthy serving of protein pancakes.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
well, for your flat bench, I would stop doing three sets at the same weight. I would go 345 for 4 and 355 for one or two. Once your can get 355 for 4 solid reps start bumping up the weights.

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
well, for your flat bench, I would stop doing three sets at the same weight. I would go 345 for 4 and 355 for one or two. Once your can get 355 for 4 solid reps start bumping up the weights.
Good idea. I typically go light to warm-up and then go really heavy and back down some if needed. I typically never pyramid up.