Very Intense training to wear me out or make me grow? this is odd

1. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.16%

Very Intense training to wear me out or make me grow? this is odd

One week before my sister's wedding I decided I needed to trim fat and gain muscle.
    I decided to run M1T at 15mg for 3 days. yup, so I dont think it had much to do with my current gains.

I was sitting at 164ish or so from lack of sleep and stuff from my sister's graduation and all the planning involved with that and the wedding.

I had been on a HST training plan and seemed to be doing ok with it.

Starting Monday I dedicated myself to eat an extra protein-rich meal per day than I normally do, use the correct supps to counteract the cramping associated with M1T and changed my workout routine slightly
    I worked out Monday with my normal full-body routine except I did no exercises that hit legs. I then worked out Tuesday with a full-body routine that focused on legs and back and still hit some of the arms well.
    On Wednesday I did the same workout as Monday, and Thursday I did a slightly modified version of Tuesday
    Thats 4 days in a row. I wasnt tired from it all since I got enough rest it seems.
    But I gained some visual size quite a bit. My tuxedo shirt around the neck no longer fit, the pants were tighter (especially in the rear),etc. My arms looked great.

I'm attributing this to the extra protein and the exercise regimen. Thing is the diet isnt all that much bigger than what it normally was. I'm wondering if the full-body HST workouts just are my thing for some reason. I didnt go to failure or anything; just your typical HST volume routine.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Don't take this the wrong way, but you said "One week before my sister's wedding I decided I needed to trim fat and gain muscle." That's a little sudden to expect all that much isn't it? By the way, what part of AL are you from?
  3. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.16%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you said "One week before my sister's wedding I decided I needed to trim fat and gain muscle." That's a little sudden to expect all that much isn't it? By the way, what part of AL are you from?
    Not really actually. For some reason, if I've been not hitting 100%, I can go back and try really hard and make decent gains; its just something will get in the way and I'll not have enough time to devote to diet or something... I guess its muscle memory

its just that this time around i gained more than normal... discussed this routine with a couple locals and one of them pointed out a lot of things that work for him which are very similar...

Anyway, was asking for info on this routine, not someone questioning my motives for doing so, thats just a waste of my time... i'm guessing if one does high volume that its ok as long as its not to failure and as long as the diet is in check?
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.58%

I'd think that for a short period, you would see gains, more so if you fueled the routine with plenty of carbs, but I see that you're trying to keep fat gain to a minimum. Always good to periodize anyway. I like switching between a split routine and a full-body 3x/week every 3 months or so. Were you doing a low volume of sets? I certainly couldn't keep that frequency up for long before my CNS crashed.

Were you on the M1T for 3 days while you did this? For me, at 10mg M1T, by the 3rd day I start getting the pumps and water/glycogen retention. I tried M1T @ 3on 3off, for 9 days once. I think I gained about 6 lbs, but it just wasn't worth it as I was already shut down, and pretty much lost it all over the next couple of weeks of PCT.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    Not really actually. For some reason, if I've been not hitting 100%, I can go back and try really hard and make decent gains; its just something will get in the way and I'll not have enough time to devote to diet or something... I guess its muscle memory

its just that this time around i gained more than normal... discussed this routine with a couple locals and one of them pointed out a lot of things that work for him which are very similar...

Anyway, was asking for info on this routine, not someone questioning my motives for doing so, thats just a waste of my time... i'm guessing if one does high volume that its ok as long as its not to failure and as long as the diet is in check?
    You were probably overtraining before. In my limited () experience, most people do.

I'm making my best gains ever after dropping to a 3 days split doing 1-2 exercises per bodypart and working out each bodypart 2x/wk. Low, low, volume. High intensity. Been working for ME.
  6. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree probably will work for a SHORT amount of time then you will be in the over training mode.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  7. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.16%

what about if the routine were 4 days in a row with 3 days of rest (where 1 maybe 2 have cardio sessions)?

HIT-style training I've never had much success with actually; I've always done better with volume... kinda funny how I'm an ectomorph and thats not supposed to be the case with HIT, so I dunno.
    I have no training partner either, so HIT kinda cant be done at full intensity on some exercises
  8. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.16%

Quote Originally Posted by intv
    I'd think that for a short period, you would see gains, more so if you fueled the routine with plenty of carbs, but I see that you're trying to keep fat gain to a minimum. Always good to periodize anyway. I like switching between a split routine and a full-body 3x/week every 3 months or so. Were you doing a low volume of sets? I certainly couldn't keep that frequency up for long before my CNS crashed.

Were you on the M1T for 3 days while you did this? For me, at 10mg M1T, by the 3rd day I start getting the pumps and water/glycogen retention. I tried M1T @ 3on 3off, for 9 days once. I think I gained about 6 lbs, but it just wasn't worth it as I was already shut down, and pretty much lost it all over the next couple of weeks of PCT.
    Yeah I was on M1t for 3 days; was gonna try a 3days on, 4days off thing...

Prolly just gonna try to do M-T and Thu-F as a 4 week split so I have an extra rest day inbetween

Similar Forum Threads

1. Newbie Here: to the forum, not to training, help me out.
    By BeastMode13 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM
  2. Cutting out Squats makes me Stupid?
    By AlexParty in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 10:00 AM
  3. Can anyone give me advise or help me?
    By glaze1353 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
  4. Wearing my NP Tshirt makes me stronger!!
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 12:57 AM
  5. please let me know if the PCT of this is good....
    By Hbs6 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 01:13 AM