Is twenty sets to much?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. 60 pushups? I have to fight hard to get 40

My endurance is getting a lot better recently though. I can bike up some gnarly hills recently without stopping and without feeling like I'm going to die.

2. When I was at my all time strongest/heaviest back in Dec I weighed 240+lbs and was as strong as an ox. (and a small Ox compared to you ExNihilo!), but after climbing the stairs in the mall while xmas shopping I felt winded!! I was terrible. Im down about 2-3% BF now ~11lbs lighter since I started cutting, and I feel SO much better. Note quite as strong, which sucks, but a worthwhile tradeoff to not feel like Im going to die when I run to the end of the driveway

Its a tough balance to maintain...its like big&strong and lean&fast are at two opposite ends of the spectrum, and the harder you push for one the more you have to let go of the other. And if you try to maintain both, gains in either take excrutiatingly long to achieve. Unless you dont have to work and can focus on training/diet 24/7!!!

BV
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Its a tough balance to maintain...its like big&strong and lean&fast are at two opposite ends of the spectrum, and the harder you push for one the more you have to let go of the other. And if you try to maintain both, gains in either take excrutiatingly long to achieve. Unless you dont have to work and can focus on training/diet 24/7!!!

BV
    MAn, you hit the nail on the head right there...so true..

4. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    When I was at my all time strongest/heaviest back in Dec I weighed 240+lbs and was as strong as an ox. (and a small Ox compared to you ExNihilo!), but after climbing the stairs in the mall while xmas shopping I felt winded!! I was terrible. Im down about 2-3% BF now ~11lbs lighter since I started cutting, and I feel SO much better. Note quite as strong, which sucks, but a worthwhile tradeoff to not feel like Im going to die when I run to the end of the driveway

BV
    Yeah. One thing that's really helped with how I feel in general and energy levels is fixing my diet to include mountains of green veggies and some lentils/other stuff.

I'm thinking of getting back into muay thai over the summer when I have some free time, I haven't done any sort of martial arts since I was down around 220. I'm sure it'll be a shock to my system, but I'm hoping as I get down to around ~275ish I will be able to handle it no problem. As good as I'm feeling right now, 20lbs of fat loss will probably having me bouncing off walls

5. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    When I was at my all time strongest/heaviest back in Dec I weighed 240+lbs and was as strong as an ox. (and a small Ox compared to you ExNihilo!), but after climbing the stairs in the mall while xmas shopping I felt winded!! I was terrible. Im down about 2-3% BF now ~11lbs lighter since I started cutting, and I feel SO much better. Note quite as strong, which sucks, but a worthwhile tradeoff to not feel like Im going to die when I run to the end of the driveway

BV
    I think I'm the lean and fast side of the scale I do know I run pretty fast and have very good endurance...
    after not running for 9 years, the first time iwent out, i ran a 6:23 mile without trying too terribly hard
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I think I'm the lean and fast side of the scale I do know I run pretty fast and have very good endurance...
    after not running for 9 years, the first time iwent out, i ran a 6:23 mile without trying too terribly hard
    Just to clarify, you can be fast and huge. You just can't be huge and have good endurance. There are guys out there near 300lbs who can run the 40 in low 4's, but don't ask them to run a mile at a fast speed... Also, your agility suffers to some degree as you put on weight, which is why you don't see 280lb ballet dancers

7. I had good endurance at 165, but at 230 running a couple miles is indeed a workout!! getting a lot better though. Im sure there's a 'perfect' balance for everyone, I'd rather lean toward the mass side myself. But I'll never neglect my cardio again!

BV

8. When I break 210 I will worry about being fast, with my metabolism if I ran down the driveway, I would burn 3500 of my 4000 cals. lol.

p.s.
    yeah I bumped up the cals to 4000 because exnihilo made fun of me. j/k
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 12:20 PM
  2. Is This Stack To much ? LongJax ? Help
    By myketest1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
  3. Is 100mg ED to much??
    By sean taylor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 04:04 AM
  4. Is stacking Leukic,Tech-T and Aplodan to much?
    By Lunchbox_81 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:54 AM
  5. My contest is this Sat. How much potassium to take?
    By FullyBuilt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 05:46 PM