the frat boy routine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. the frat boy routine


    i go to a big state university. lets just say my gym is comprised of 3 or 4 serious lifters and then about 1000 jackass frat boys that do a chest/bicep everyday type routine. the thing is, some of these guys do have impressive arms. and we all know how they train, 40 sets for biceps, 60 sets for chest, everyday.

    so my question is, how do these guys not overtrain their arms? probably gear, but still. makes me wonder if the whole high-volume will lead to overtraining is overblown.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    i go to a big state university. lets just say my gym is comprised of 3 or 4 serious lifters and then about 1000 jackass frat boys that do a chest/bicep everyday type routine. the thing is, some of these guys do have impressive arms. and we all know how they train, 40 sets for biceps, 60 sets for chest, everyday.

    so my question is, how do these guys not overtrain their arms? probably gear, but still. makes me wonder if the whole high-volume will lead to overtraining is overblown.
    If all you are training is arms and chest then you could do a high volume. Both muscles are not that large so they do not tax the body to much when worked. Wheres if you squat and dead then you are taxing your systems much much more.
    •   
       


  3. In my opinion, they are overtrained and when they quit the juice they will have nothing to show for it.

  4. haha frats boys love the tricep rope.
    because usually you can move the entire stack by doing the exercise incorrectly.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    haha frats boys love the tricep rope.
    because usually you can move the entire stack by doing the exercise incorrectly.
    I'm guessing you know this from experience.
    •   
       


  6. never made it through pledging, got in too many fights.
    as for the tricep rope, I dominate the tricep rope.
    Tau Kappa Epsilon Forever. not
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    never made it through pledging, got in too many fights.
    as for the tricep rope, I dominate the tricep rope.
    Tau Kappa Epsilon Forever. not
    lmao, tricep rope i forgot about that! its a key part of the holy trinity along with

    ass way off the bench, bounce the bar pressing and ridicolous full body bicep curls in the squat rack

  8. I lasted working out a week at my schools rec center, before I went and got a membership at a real gym in town. Now I go back there about once a month to train, just to show those idiots how much the girls like big legs too!!

  9. you MUST stack the rack with the tricep rope to Join
    THE BROTHERHOOD OF SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  10. Delta Tau Delta is all about the "half bench press w/ ass off bench and spotter getting a simultaneous trap workout from doing upright rows" lazy bastards only go half way down while the spotter practically upright rows the weight since the bencher cant handle it. He may get two reps on his own, but the spotter helps him through 8 more lol

  11. Beta Theta Pi's are all about getting stoned and hitting the 12-16ounce curls as far away from the gym as possible.

  12. love the kids who train in their clubbing clothes on the machines
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  13. How about the Abercrombie and Fitch "muscle tees" and workout pants and gloves to keep their hands all pretty lol.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dawg
    How about the Abercrombie and Fitch "muscle tees" and workout pants and gloves to keep their hands all pretty lol.
    haha you beat me to it. there is this one shirt, it says: Wanna Lift?
    long abercrombie pants to cover up chicken **** legs.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  15. Hey, hey now. I wear A&F. Just not in the gym.

  16. i wear some of their stuff too (not gym stuff), but you know the types we mean...
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    i wear some of their stuff too (not gym stuff), but you know the types we mean...
    Oh, most definately.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Hey, hey now. I wear A&F. Just not in the gym.
    LOL, I was really feeling insulted there for a minute.

  19. 1st team Abercrombie lifeguarding Varsity
    and a random number on the back: 63
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  20. At my school I see them hitting up cable crossovers, cable curls, cable kickbacks, cable this and that. I think these exercises can be incorporated into a routine but I never see some of these guys on anything but the cable center!

  21. Jblake- your avatar cracks me up for some reason. LOL!

  22. whats really funny is when you witness one break 2 ribs from trying to bounce the barbell off of his rib cage cause he is TOTALLY incapable of maxing with 315...at least I laughed...

    regards,
    COTC

  23. while his spotter gets a good trap workout slaps him on the back and says "good set"

  24. Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    Beta Theta Pi's are all about getting stoned and hitting the 12-16ounce curls as far away from the gym as possible.
    haha i was in beta theta pi at my school

  25. LOL. This is a funny thread.

    A lot of my friends at the school gym, some serious some not, now think I'M not serious b/c they see me doing the full body HST workouts now... i try to explain to them what it is! grrrr haha... they all think I'm a Newb

    Most common thing at my school is the guys who throw all the weights and scream as they lift, even though it is a tiny amount of weight, and their screaming could be better put towards breathing correctly on the lift. Oh, and squatting down about two inches instead of all the way
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
  2. Saluu The Monkey Boy's Greatest Hits!
    By Mulletsoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
  3. Diesel vs. The Country Boy
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 05:18 AM
  4. Stepping to the Big Boys League
    By oswizzle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
  5. Matthew D, the Birthday Boy!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Log in
Log in