Two Day a Week Splits? - AnabolicMinds.com

Two Day a Week Splits?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Lightbulb Two Day a Week Splits?

When I started getting serious about lifting a couple of years ago, I'd lift about 5 times a week, and doing hard cardio on my off days. I gradually began to lower my frequency, going down to 4, then 3.5, and now 3 days a week. My results have constantly got better with decreased frequency.

Now I'm considering doing a two day a week split thats almost like HST with A and B workouts. Heres what it'll look like:

Sunday:
    Squats
    Dumbell Flat Bench
    Bent Over Row
    Lat Pull
    Arnold Press
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Calves
    Curls
    Triceps

Wednesday:
    Deadlifts
    Barbell Incline Press
    One Arm Dumbell Row
    Pull Ups
    Military Press
    Calves
    Curls
    Triceps

Anybody ever tried a two day a week split? How successful was it compared to the normal 3-4 day a week splits?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    When I started getting serious about lifting a couple of years ago, I'd lift about 5 times a week, and doing hard cardio on my off days. I gradually began to lower my frequency, going down to 4, then 3.5, and now 3 days a week. My results have constantly got better with decreased frequency.

Now I'm considering doing a two day a week split thats almost like HST with A and B workouts. Heres what it'll look like:

Sunday:
    Squats
    Dumbell Flat Bench
    Bent Over Row
    Lat Pull
    Arnold Press
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Calves
    Curls
    Triceps

Wednesday:
    Deadlifts
    Barbell Incline Press
    One Arm Dumbell Row
    Pull Ups
    Military Press
    Calves
    Curls
    Triceps

Anybody ever tried a two day a week split? How successful was it compared to the normal 3-4 day a week splits?
    I know some guys on other boards that do this...it's a hardgainer routine. BUT the have awsome results with it.
  3. Senior Member

I think this is too much for two days man.....dude, I totally feel you...I hate eating too.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    I think this is too much for two days man.....dude, I totally feel you...I hate eating too.
    It'd be low volume, heavy weights on both days. I guess my other idea would be to have a curl, tricep, calf day, similar to Doggcrap's workout. I really like the idea of a two day a week split. I can ussually get two really good workouts in a week, but the third is when they go downhill.

Yeah, eating sucks. I can't wait to start cutting (never thought I'd hear myself say that). I'm just sick of food.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Yeah, eating sucks. I can't wait to start cutting (never thought I'd hear myself say that). I'm just sick of food.
    i felt like that while i was bulking .. well believe me cutting sucks and being hungry all the time really blows .. the grass is always greener my friend
  6. Senior Member

I like the split actually. I also have to train less frequent than most due to having a lightning fast metabolism. But what I normally do is use a push/pull/leg split. I go to failure or just before with only about 3-4 sets/bodypart total. Low reps like 2-6. Very slow reps, high intensity. But I only train every 3rd day. IOW's I simply put two days in between every workout. So it kind of works out to be a 9-day split....each BP is trained every 9 days instead of 7. I haven't looked back since.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i felt like that while i was bulking .. well believe me cutting sucks and being hungry all the time really blows .. the grass is always greener my friend
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm sure about a month in I'll be whining about being hungry all the time. After bulking for about 6 months straight, it'll be a refreshing change to be hungary once and awhile. Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing abs again .
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    I like the split actually. I also have to train less frequent than most due to having a lightning fast metabolism. But what I normally do is use a push/pull/leg split. I go to failure or just before with only about 3-4 sets/bodypart total. Low reps like 2-6. Very slow reps, high intensity. But I only train every 3rd day. IOW's I simply put two days in between every workout. So it kind of works out to be a 9-day split....each BP is trained every 9 days instead of 7. I haven't looked back since.
    I was doing the push/pull/legs for the longest time on a 7 day split, and I never felt rested. You may be onto something here . The only problem with my schedule is that I have PT where I run distance (very slowly) on Monday and Friday, so I have to make sure my squat workouts don't fall on those days. Nothing is worse than going for a 3-5 mile run after squatting heavy .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Two Day Per Week Program for my Girl - Feedback?
    By Doberman13 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
  2. Only can work out two days a week
    By Firstcycle in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 07:05 AM
  3. 5 day a week Split??? Is it to much?
    By Cantell in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM
  4. 1 Day per week as good as 4?