Opinions on a lifting routine

Head Nurse

Awards
Hey guys and dolls I need your opinion on a lifting routine I heard about. It's seems more for cutting, but then again that's what I'm doing at this point so here it is:
Cardio = X5-6 per wk 30-40min sessions
Pyramid-style lifting (15,12, and 10 reps) with 3 exercises per muscle group
Mon: Back & Abs
Tue: Chest
Wed: Legs & Abs
Thurs: Biceps & triceps
Fri: Shoulders & Abs
And of course a clean diet.
I need your thoughts, both pros and cons Thanks!!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
looks good to me. Make sure your doing less sets and excercises for arms and shoulders then for back, chest and legs.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If you're doing cardio that much, I would decrease the workout days to at the most 3. A good: lower body, upperbody push, upperbody pull routine will work well. You don't want to overtrain.

My .02

Head Nurse

Awards
looks good to me. Make sure your doing less sets and excercises for arms and shoulders then for back, chest and legs.
Why less sets/exercises for arms and shoulders?? I'm still new at this stuff.

Head Nurse

Awards
If you're doing cardio that much, I would decrease the workout days to at the most 3. A good: lower body, upperbody push, upperbody pull routine will work well. You don't want to overtrain.

My .02
Okay I get it about the cardio, but can you explain about the upperbody push and upperbody pull - I'm not getting a visual :think:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why less sets/exercises for arms and shoulders?? I'm still new at this stuff.
Arms are smaller bodyparts compared to chest, leg, back. They don't require as many working sets to stimulate.

Head Nurse

Awards
Arms are smaller bodyparts compared to chest, leg, back. They don't require as many working sets to stimulate.
Oooh. I guess that would be a 'well DUH' would'nt it :lol: I guess the brain isn't working to well today. Thanks.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
upper body push movements meaning things like presses (push movements)

upper body pull meaning things like rows etc (pull movements)

Personally I am going to start doing upperbody push/pull movements on the same day for example monday for me is going to be chest/back

h19

Head Nurse

Awards
upper body push movements meaning things like presses (push movements)

upper body pull meaning things like rows etc (pull movements)

Personally I am going to start doing upperbody push/pull movements on the same day for example monday for me is going to be chest/back

h19
Thanks for the information!!!!!

I guess my last few shifts have fried some brain cells.