Okay bros, how does my new upper/lower split look?

Lone Wolf

Awards
Tell me how it looks. I like the exercise selection but the sets aren't set in stone.

UPPER/LOWER

Monday and Thursday: Upper
*Incline DB Press 3 x 6-8
*Flat DB Press 2 x 6-8
*Pull Ups 3 x 6-8
*Bent Row 2 x 6-8
*Overhead Press 2 x 6-8
*Side Lateral Raise 1 x 6-8
*Straight Bar or Hammer Curl 2 x 6-8
*Dips 2 x 6-8
*Shrug 2 x 6-8

Tuesday and Friday: Lower
*Squat 3 x 6-8
*Leg Press or Leg Extension 2 x 6-8
*Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 x 6-8
*Leg Curl 2 x 6-8
*Standing Calf Raise 3 x 6-8
*Weighted Crunch 2 x 12-15
*Weighted Reverse Crunch 2 x 12-15
*Side Bends 1 x 20

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I like it but i don't think i could succesfully complete the first workout w/sufficient energy. You've got yourself doing 18-19 total sets which is a lot especially since you'll be doing this four times a week. If you can handle that kind of workout and that kind of volume then go for it brother.

A lot of guys are gonna tell you that it's too much but i don't think anyone can really tell what too much is for another person. To be honest you've really got me thinking after looking at this. I'm interested to see what some other guys on here think about it.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I would also drop the stiff legged deads for regular deads at 2X8. JMO.

Lone Wolf

Awards
Like I said bro, the volume isn't set in stone. I also have stiff leg instead of regular deads as I just flet that squats and deads in the same session would be overkill.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Like I said bro, the volume isn't set in stone. I also have stiff leg instead of regular deads as I just flet that squats and deads in the same session would be overkill.
True. I would actually just alternate between deads and squats. like tuesday do squats and thursday do deads. But then you would want to drop the stiff deads on thursday too so you don't destroy your lower back.