fascia stretching

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I searched around on here and found some hepful articles and just wanted some help. Here is an outline of how often you should perform the stretching.

Week One: Run The Gambit! This means apply deep fascial stretching after every exercise. If you are into extreme volume however, then I would limit this to no more than 10-12 deep fascial stretches!

Week Two: Only use this technique once in the workout and do it on the set in which you are most pumped!
This will be enough to continue the process of bag expansion, but also relieve the stress placed on the body.

Week Three: Use Deep Fascial Stretching within each section of the workout. So if you use 4 exercises, apply this principle four separate times!

Week Four: Allow your connective tissue to recover fully.

Week Five: Begin The Process All Over Again!

So basically week on you use it for all excerises, so If I do two different types of curls I use it on both types.

Then week two I would only use it on one type of curl.

Not sure how week 3 is different from week one.

Week four and five I understand fine :)

Also it achieving the pump it states

" 2. An incredible blood pump

Everyone here understands the extreme power of fluid! Whole canyons have been carved from water erosion! The same principle is applicable here. A tremendous back flow of fluid in a muscle group will stretch the connective tissue that restricts muscle growth. In other words the greater the pump, the more direct and effective the stretch in the fascia, epimysium, and perimysium will be! "

But I am unsure what I should do for the pump? Lots of sets at medium weight? Or what would you suggest? Not quiet sure on this.

If anyone has better ideas on how to stretch the fascia please post, I would love to read it.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have also read up on doggcrapp extreme stretching which is also very informative. But I could not find how often to do it for his routine either. Also he said nothing in his about gaining an extreme pump? Is this needed? With the above mention frequency I would be doing very high volume 3 out of 5 weeks, which means fascia stretching would be the main point of all work outs. I really need some help on a schedule on how often to do this. Thanks for your time.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to follow alllot of John Parillos techniques, and fascia stretching was always emphasised.There is a bunch of articles still on his web site.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
IMO Dogg Crapp is a good method. It seems he suggests it only during the 4 - 7 week high intensity cycle then for the 4 week cruise you would not do the extreme stretches.

I would suggest you work your way into this as you can REALLY do some damage if you were to jump in with both feet.

Actually contrary to what most people think this is the idea behind SEOs (site enhancement oils) They are to stretch the fascia and then you build the muscle. They are not intended to just have oil sit there and look big.

CROWLER

CROWLER

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
As far as DC extreme stretching you should always use extreme stretching whether you're blasting or cruising. It's a huge part of what his "program" is about. For example, I will do chest using rest pauses. Then a minute or two later I will grab a couple of 60 lb DB's and drop into the bottom fly position and hold it there for 60 seconds. Yes it's painful (the good pain), but I've really noticed a difference in flexibility, recovery time and even strength.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So I should be doing this with every workout? Or just every other week kind of thing? I am looking into stretching instead of using oils. Don't want to make my own, pay for it, or get my arms big from oil, than have them go down, just to then try to make them fill out from the stretch. So I am going to try this technique. Im just not sure how often to do it, or how I should work to obtain this great pump, or if I should just use my normal workout, maybe one burnout set at the end, then stretch.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about the stretching you mentioned above, but I use the extreme stretching every workout after every working set. Stretching can be very beneficial and should be done on a consistant basis anyways.

Pains-4-Gains

Banned
Awards
As far as DC extreme stretching you should always use extreme stretching whether you're blasting or cruising. It's a huge part of what his "program" is about. For example, I will do chest using rest pauses. Then a minute or two later I will grab a couple of 60 lb DB's and drop into the bottom fly position and hold it there for 60 seconds. Yes it's painful (the good pain), but I've really noticed a difference in flexibility, recovery time and even strength.
The extreme stretching is a huge part of the training, but there is a difference between what DC suggests for blasting and cruising. Cruising you're just somewhat taking it easy, using a more comfortable stretch and cutting back on the food/weights. I think the cruise is intended to build up your desire for the heavy weights & huge amounts of food just as much as it for rest for your body.