power system technology
- 04-01-2005, 07:30 PM
- 04-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Was WAY ahead of its time. By far the most incredible program I've ever used. Wish to God I could find it...
- 04-23-2005, 09:53 AM
04-23-2005, 10:10 AM
It was late mid 90's, if I remember right.
I later found out the Brad Jeffries (supposed originator of the system) was really a pen name for Shawn Phillips.
Wherever it resides today, it is a lost treasure.
04-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I did this program designed by Shawn Phillips a while back:
It worked quite well, and I have continued to make gains using some similar training ideas. Maybe this is similar to what he had done in MM.
04-23-2005, 10:56 AM
04-23-2005, 04:54 PM
The original program was customized to the athlete.
For example, you'd determine your goal (strength, mass, endurance etc.) and test your 1RM on say, 3-8 exercises.
You'd mail this away (no internet yet) and they'd mail you a custom 8 week program complete with how many reps and sets to do along with how much weight to use AND how long to rest in between sets.
It was beautiful, and worked better than anything I've ever tried. I would gladly shell out whatever they were asking for today if it were available.
I'm assuming it would be a HELL of a lot cheaper/faster now with the internet around.
Similar Forum Threads
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2003, 05:58 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2003, 09:35 PM
- By The Answer in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2003, 06:15 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2002, 09:30 AM
- By bigbadboss101 in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2002, 12:48 PM