Arm Routines?

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if some people could post there arm routines or wat they do for bi's/tri's.

iwinulose2981

Awards
Just wondering if some people could post there arm routines or wat they do for bi's/tri's.
tris i do the same day i do chest
i do chest in the morning and tris in the evening. i do weighted dips in the morning and evening 4 sets 8-12 reps
in the evening i also do rope pull downs skull crushers <----(3 sets 8-10 reps)........ then i get on a bench put my feet up on another bench rest a 45 plate on my quads and dip till my ass almost hits the floor. these i do till i cant do anymore just 1 set
with rope pull downs i normally hold and squeeze at bottom then come up real slow

for bis i do preacher curls 3 sets of 10
hammer curls with rope 3 of 10
then i do 7's take a barbell do 7 reps from the bottom of range of motion to the middle then 7 reps from middle to the top then 7 reps of the full range of motion. THOSE KILL

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
IMO, nothing really beat going heavy with perpendicular, weighted dips. I don't see the need to do anything else. My tris are way overdeveloped, however.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Currently:
I work chest and tri's same day. BB bench press: 3 sets Heavy....done to failure
Close grips: 2-3 sets Heavy to absolute failure

Bis: I work back/bis on same day..here's the full workout:
2 ets heavy chins to 2 reps shy of failure
1 set heavy BBrows....to absolute failure
1 set heavy upright rows...to absolute failure
2 sets BB curls (standing) heavy....absolute failure and sometimes I utilize beyond failure techniques...such as rest pause/forced reps, negatives, etc.
1 set reverse BB curls (standing) done heavy to absolute failure.,

***All sets are within the 4-6 rep range....done ULTRA slow.

** I do not reccomend doing this for more than 3-4 weeks w/o at least a 1-2 week break from training completely. I'll usually do this, take break, do this, take break, and then I'll do more volume less frequency...and then repeat the whole process/cycle over again.

iwinulose2981

Awards
IMO, nothing really beat going heavy with perpendicular, weighted dips. I don't see the need to do anything else. My tris are way overdeveloped, however.
besides deadlifts dips are by far my fav exercise. nothing like letting 90 hang from ya and just pump em out

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
besides deadlifts dips are by far my fav exercise. nothing like letting 90 hang from ya and just pump em out
Yessir! And I absolutely concur with loving deads as well; what an amazing compound movement.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The reason for me posting this thread is because my bi/tri's arent developing as well as id like them to. It is a set back from my overall physic.

iwinulose2981

Awards
The reason for me posting this thread is because my bi/tri's arent developing as well as id like them to. It is a set back from my overall physic.
its hard to give a suggestion when we dont really know your routine. whats your arm workout?

Chunky

Awards
Doggcrapp training, 3 exercises rotation (1 exercise / workout) for bi and tri :
Biceps : db curl , db preacher curl , ez bb curl
Triceps : Skullcruchers, closegrip smith press , pushdown

1 set only, rest pause style, 15-25 reps

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I've noticed that in the scientific literature comparing multiple sets vs single sets, complex compound movements seem to benefit only a little from many sets, but the optimal range for single joint isolation exercises was about 5-6 sets, which I would do for about 6-10 reps and stop a rep short of failure. Once a week should be more than enough

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Actually, I've noticed that in the scientific literature comparing multiple sets vs single sets, complex compound movements seem to benefit only a little from many sets, but the optimal range for single joint isolation exercises was about 5-6 sets, which I would do for about 6-10 reps and stop a rep short of failure.
Interesting. I've never done 5x6 or more than 4 sets for arms...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You probably should have asked for pics of their triceps when they made their post then you have a little better idea what you want to use. lol

CROWLER

davisville64

Awards
I like this one, especally for tri's

TRI'S:
Dips (Upright torso, elbows in)
Close grip DECLINE bench
V-Bar/rope extensions

BI'S:
Barbell curls
Concentration curls
Close grip preacher curls (cumbered bar)

... 3 sets of everything.