Arm Routines?

  1. Arm Routines?


    Just wondering if some people could post there arm routines or wat they do for bi's/tri's.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by punta
    Just wondering if some people could post there arm routines or wat they do for bi's/tri's.
    tris i do the same day i do chest
    i do chest in the morning and tris in the evening. i do weighted dips in the morning and evening 4 sets 8-12 reps
    in the evening i also do rope pull downs skull crushers <----(3 sets 8-10 reps)........ then i get on a bench put my feet up on another bench rest a 45 plate on my quads and dip till my ass almost hits the floor. these i do till i cant do anymore just 1 set
    with rope pull downs i normally hold and squeeze at bottom then come up real slow

    for bis i do preacher curls 3 sets of 10
    hammer curls with rope 3 of 10
    then i do 7's take a barbell do 7 reps from the bottom of range of motion to the middle then 7 reps from middle to the top then 7 reps of the full range of motion. THOSE KILL

  3. IMO, nothing really beat going heavy with perpendicular, weighted dips. I don't see the need to do anything else. My tris are way overdeveloped, however.
    •   
       


  4. Currently:
    I work chest and tri's same day. BB bench press: 3 sets Heavy....done to failure
    Close grips: 2-3 sets Heavy to absolute failure

    Bis: I work back/bis on same day..here's the full workout:
    2 ets heavy chins to 2 reps shy of failure
    1 set heavy BBrows....to absolute failure
    1 set heavy upright rows...to absolute failure
    2 sets BB curls (standing) heavy....absolute failure and sometimes I utilize beyond failure techniques...such as rest pause/forced reps, negatives, etc.
    1 set reverse BB curls (standing) done heavy to absolute failure.,

    ***All sets are within the 4-6 rep range....done ULTRA slow.

    ** I do not reccomend doing this for more than 3-4 weeks w/o at least a 1-2 week break from training completely. I'll usually do this, take break, do this, take break, and then I'll do more volume less frequency...and then repeat the whole process/cycle over again.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by riskarb
    IMO, nothing really beat going heavy with perpendicular, weighted dips. I don't see the need to do anything else. My tris are way overdeveloped, however.
    besides deadlifts dips are by far my fav exercise. nothing like letting 90 hang from ya and just pump em out

  6. Quote Originally Posted by iwinulose2981
    besides deadlifts dips are by far my fav exercise. nothing like letting 90 hang from ya and just pump em out
    Yessir! And I absolutely concur with loving deads as well; what an amazing compound movement.

  7. The reason for me posting this thread is because my bi/tri's arent developing as well as id like them to. It is a set back from my overall physic.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by punta
    The reason for me posting this thread is because my bi/tri's arent developing as well as id like them to. It is a set back from my overall physic.
    its hard to give a suggestion when we dont really know your routine. whats your arm workout?

  9. Doggcrapp training, 3 exercises rotation (1 exercise / workout) for bi and tri :
    Biceps : db curl , db preacher curl , ez bb curl
    Triceps : Skullcruchers, closegrip smith press , pushdown

    1 set only, rest pause style, 15-25 reps

  10. Actually, I've noticed that in the scientific literature comparing multiple sets vs single sets, complex compound movements seem to benefit only a little from many sets, but the optimal range for single joint isolation exercises was about 5-6 sets, which I would do for about 6-10 reps and stop a rep short of failure. Once a week should be more than enough

  11. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Actually, I've noticed that in the scientific literature comparing multiple sets vs single sets, complex compound movements seem to benefit only a little from many sets, but the optimal range for single joint isolation exercises was about 5-6 sets, which I would do for about 6-10 reps and stop a rep short of failure.
    Interesting. I've never done 5x6 or more than 4 sets for arms...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by punta
    Just wondering if some people could post there arm routines or wat they do for bi's/tri's.
    You probably should have asked for pics of their triceps when they made their post then you have a little better idea what you want to use. lol


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  13. I like this one, especally for tri's


    TRI'S:
    Dips (Upright torso, elbows in)
    Close grip DECLINE bench
    V-Bar/rope extensions

    BI'S:
    Barbell curls
    Concentration curls
    Close grip preacher curls (cumbered bar)



    ... 3 sets of everything.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Same old arm routine
    By hogwild1392 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. Arm routine
    By flw in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 06:55 AM
  3. Arm routine while on gear?
    By freqfly in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 02:00 PM
  4. Lagging Arms, Help on New Routine
    By fbxdan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 01:33 AM
  5. Increased arm size with squat routine?
    By Hellhound in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Log in
Log in