My GF's leggings healed my hip pain?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HA. So I was thinking super tight compression would potentially be able to heal my hip. I have very loose and worn ligaments and tendons in my left hip which leaves me with a rotated pelvis and one leg noticeably longer than the other. This causes much discomfort as u can imagine during squatting / deads / sprints, so much so that I have had to discontinue conventional deads and sprinting and switch to only bike for cardio.

Tonight I got the idea to put on my girlfriends leggings which look like they couldn't even fit on ONE of my legs.

The leggings fit- they're very sketchy lol- and immediately the pain in my hip was gone. I wore them for about 3 1/2 hours and just took them off to go to sleep and I feel very stable and solid in the area... Still no pain. Can such compression help this problem? Should I continue to wear them at night around the house... So strange but so happy to relieve the pain.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
For various reasons compression can be of benefit, improved return blood flow can make a pretty big difference in the limbs if you need it.

For example if you get shin/calf pumps or pain, diabetic socks or compression stockings make a huge difference.

A year back I needed it for medical reasons and was pointed to this brand
http://www.tommiecopper.com/men/tops/

As it is geared to more athletic men, and it actually looks good.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good info, Driven^

Compression helps. I squat/deadlift in Rehband Warm Pants. They're just neoprene briefs, that compress just how compression shorts would, but also warms the area overall. Kind of like knee sleeves....but butt sleeves.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a similar concept to gear. However, I wouldn't use them everyday and they'll actually make the connective tissue and stabilizers weaker over time.

proprotein

Awards
It's a similar concept to gear. However, I wouldn't use them everyday and they'll actually make the connective tissue and stabilizers weaker over time.
This is the reason why I joined forums. I love to learn a lot.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
The real question is did wearing her thong improve your lifts. That is what this all boils down to

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying don't wear stuff like the bcg/UA compression shorts all day?

Well, ****. I'm going to have to find something else to wear to keep my **** from chafing at work now. Any suggestions?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
This is the reason why I joined forums. I love to learn a lot.
Same here. Very interesting things you learn. You never know who may be wearing women's leggings:)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying don't wear stuff like the bcg/UA compression shorts all day? Well, ****. I'm going to have to find something else to wear to keep my **** from chafing at work now. Any suggestions?
No....that's not tight enough as that's all I can wear at this point in my life.