help with my template

phaledax

ok im looking to add and change my templates for the better, looking for opinions. I need
studies or some source of fact to prove your suggestions are correct, so no "well I think this would be good if ____" I need somthing to support your clames you get the idea. anywho one is for mucsle loss and the other if for fat loss. and they do need work.
--------
template for the average person.

by average I mean you just want to gain muscle efficiently this template will outline the basics. once you understand the basics you can make adjustments and additions that is best for you.

DIET: -40% protein 40% carbs 20%fat this is a basic layout. "what kind of protein?" well you should eat: chicken,tuna,eggs,fish,beef are all acceptable basically avoid things like fast food meats and other stuff that's just common since. "what about carbs?" mainly oats, whole grains, starchy vegetables, fruit. "and fat?" most of your fat intake should be from vegetable oils,milk, seeds and nuts. if you don't like those foods there are some alternatives. -"how many calories?" 18 times your bodyweight is a basic, so if you weigh 180lbs that's 3240 calories a day. most people are not exact or even close, a way to help is to write down what your going to eat, how many calories and protein/carbs/fat etc are in each food. -liquids: 1-2 gallons/4-8 Liters of water or milk a day is the basic amount you want(milk is about 90% water). you should eat 6 meals a day spaced out 2-3 houres.

SUPPLEMENTS: (first tier supps) a good multi-vitamin is an absolute MUST and the most important in the supp world, because it is almost impossible for the average lazy person to get all the vitamins & minerals needed for optimal hypertrophy (muscle gain). next on the list is EFA's (essential fatty acids) for much the same reason that it's hard to get in a teen diet, and I'm not talking about pizza grease & steak fat. (second tier supps) -creatine, is an amino acid. It is normally produced in the body from arginine, glycine and methionine. Creatine plays a vital role in cellular energy production as creatinephosphate (phosphocreatine) in regenerating adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in skeletal muscle, it's perfectly safe. -protein powder: this is used for pre/post workout some use it for morning/night as well mainly just for post. (whey) is the one of choice.

those are the 4 main supps I could go on for the rest of my natural born life about third and fourth tier supps like glutamin, L-arginin, ZMA, etc. but I'm just covering the basics o ya the tiers are order of importance. I'm leaving out PH's if you know what those are

WORKOUT PROGRAMS: alot of these exercises have dumbbell-counterparts.

Chest: Parallel bar dips, Bench Press, Incline Press

Legs:Squats (including front squats), tiff-Legged deadlifts, Calf-raises

Back:Bent-over rows, Chins Bent-legged, Deadlifts (also a leg exercise)

Delts:Military press, Lateral raises

Arms:Close-grip bench, press Close-grip chins

you can find fully detailed workouts.

SLEEP: you need 8-10 hours a night, bodybuilders/weightlifters need more than regular people.

BODYTYPES: Ectomorph(skelitor),Mesomorph(heman),Endomorph (fat lizard guy) do a search on the net and you will find more info, this will effect your diet and workout program

CONCLUSION: this isn't thermonuclear science, and you don't need to be an endocrinologist, being perfectly exact is not needed for the average person. If you have further questions search, not just here but others sites like google,altavista,etc. advertisements can say almost anything, so research and find the truth. by.phaledax

----------------

template for loosing fat (cutting)

by average I mean you just want to effectively loose fat, without becoming extreme about it. I will try and outline the basics for you, and later on you should make adjustments / additions that will best fit your needs.

all that will be discussed is for optimal fat loss

DIET : -40% protein 40% carbs 20%fat this is a basic layout. "what kind of protein?" well you should eat: chicken,tuna,eggs,fish,beef are all acceptable basically avoid things like fast food meats and other stuff that's just common since. "what about carbs?" mainly oats, whole grains, starchy vegetables, but no fruit. "and fat?" most of your fat intake should be from vegetable oils, seeds and nuts. if you don't like those foods there are some alternatives. -"how many calories?" around 200-300 or 20-30% less than your maintenance level, "how do I know what my maintenance level is?"
one way to figure it out is to keep a calorie intake journal for 5-7 days. If your weight stays constant, then you simply divide the total calories consumed by the number of days and you’ll get your daily intake. -liquids: 1-2 gallons/4-8 Liters of water a day is the basic amount you want. you should eat 6 meals a day spaced out 2-3 houres. foods you will want to say away from are: soda, mayo, chips, french fries, ice cream, most salad dressings & oils(except olive oil), cheese. if you can't live without them then go for non-fat and low sugar type things. and lastly don't eat most juices and fruits, it's great for a healthy lifestyle but horrable for fat loss, some fruits are ok like blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cranberrys. use some common sence and don't try to make drastic changes all in a day, it should be a gradual process. once you get to the weight you like then you can raise your calorie intake up to maintenance.

SUPPLEMENTS: (first tier supps) for fat loss is a multivitamin and some EFA's (essential fatty acids). (second tier supps) protein powders like casein (used before bed) would be the one of choice for fat loss, whey (after workout) is also benifital. thermogenic fat burners or stimulant-free fat burners are usefull in loosing weight, follow the direction on thoes products, they will add an extra boost to your goals (san tight is a good stimulant-free product). I would not bother with anything else like carb blockers, fat blockers, appetite suppressants, and other fat loss products you will see everywhere, with maby the exception of thyroid hormone increasers but usally there is no need for them.

WORKOUT PROGRAMS: almost any program will work. the only thing you will want to add is less rest between exercises and sets, but don't hurt yourself.

alot of these exercises have dumbbell-counterparts.

Chest: Parallel bar dips, Bench Press, Incline Press

Legs:Squats (including front squats), tiff-Legged deadlifts, Calf-raises

Back:Bent-over rows, Chins Bent-legged, Deadlifts (also a leg exercise)

Delts:Military press, Lateral raises

Arms:Close-grip bench, press Close-grip chins

you can find fully detailed workouts.

CARDIO: there are two main types of cardio you should use, first is called slow cardio and the second is called HIIT (high intensity interval training). you should use them in a ratio of 3-1 (IE 3 days of slow and 1 day of HIIT). For best results do cardio 4 times a week for an houre, too much is somtimes counterproductive and too little is well too little. "what is slow cardio?" slow cardio is doing any activity (running, biking, swimming, boxing, etc) with about 75-85% of your max heart rate for an houre. "how do I know what my max heart rate is?" well when you do an activity where you are still able to talk without being extremely out of breath, or another easy way is take 220 and minus your age then take that number and multiply it by .75-.85 which will give you rough percentages of 75-85% of your max heart rate or (HR), of course this is not entirly accurate, cause everyone is different. "ok what is HIIT then?" HIIT works like this first you warm up doing whatever for 5 min then take some time and stretch. after your all ready, start a moderate pace for 1 minute then you move your pace up to 90-95% of you max HR for the next 15-30 seconds, then go back down to your moderate pace for 1 min, then back up to 90-95% and back down agen. you get the idea (moderate for 1 min, then 90-95% for 15-30 sec) do this around 15-20 times and your done.

WILLPOWER: alot of people try to make changes too fast and end up quiting, so don't over do it, this means to slowly change your diet and work your way up to the suggested cardio regimen. if you don't workout already and don't want to that is ok, working out is not required for loosing weight but it will help the main parts are your diet and cardio. by phaledax

------------
sorry for all the reading, any help is appriciated, if all you have is an idea thats ok too, but ide prefer somthing to support what you say.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Dude, why did you post this in all the different sections? Not a good way to start off here.

phaledax

because the topic involeves aspects of the other places, as it also serves to "get the word out" also some people like to stay is certain spots so if you hit all the popular area's your more likly to get more responses. o by the way great contribution to the subject, good day to you sir.

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
I havent even read your post, but if you want "templates" so you can train others, then you got the reply you deserved.
If the templates are for yourself, then start reading and learning.
Or you could always pay Bobo to do your job for you...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
because the topic involeves aspects of the other places, as it also serves to "get the word out" also some people like to stay is certain spots so if you hit all the popular area's your more likly to get more responses. o by the way great contribution to the subject, good day to you sir.
Well, spamfests are not well looked upon here. Anyways, good day to you also... :wave:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If you multiple post one more time you are out... got it?

ManBeast

phaledax

ok sorry about the mutli post. I can understand why that would be annoying. but you should also understand my reasioning for doing it. ill post it agen later in the week, hopefully I will get actuall feedback. ive been doing this for a while, I came in here cause someone told me the members here are knowledgeable. and I have read alot, but I know there are some parts of the templates that need changing and im in the process of researching thoes changes, im looking for other things to change and perfect. this is for the betterment of other people not my self so much, so keep that inmind. so far all you guys have shown evidence to having some sandy vagina's, which is quite wasted on me. Im still looking for some good feedback.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
no, you will not post it again later.... this will be the thread... anyone who wants to put a productive comment in here can...

ManBeast

phaledax

alright sounds good to me moderator. Im really not trying to flustrate you. I still actually want your help, anyone's help on this. can I keep bumping this post? would that be ok? like once a day?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
2 times a week should be nice, especially once people start putting "good" comments in.
I would help out more, but I've got a final to go to and a plane to catch.

ManBeast