Pacemaker

mercsme

Awards
Got a brand new Pacemaker 8 weeks ago. Any folks out their training with a Pace ? Any problems with any exercises ? DR. cleared me to train last week. Working my way back into shape

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's incredible and good for you!

What you should and shouldn't do should come from your doc but once you are cleared to do certain things definitely let us know and we can try to provide some direction etc.

Also, this is a good site to be a part of. Look through some logs, check some stuff out here and there and stay a while lol

Feel free to put up your own personal log as well to keep you honest and to allow others the ability to motivate you along the way with your journey

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive had one since 2011.
I rarely notice its even there.
Except for when Im wearing a seatbelt, or backpack etc.

I train pretty much the same as I did before. Just no AAS or stims.

Take it slow and work up to normal training.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many reasons but generally its due to risk factors for cardiac arrest.
I had a cardiac arrest apr1 2011. Several factors played into mine.
It was a perfect storm. High BP from AAS. Serotonin storm from a medication caused a further hypertensive crisis which lead to arrhythmia.
I was asleep. Luckily someone heard me gasping and called 911. If I hadnt lived across the st from the hospital Id be dead for sure.
Only a very small % survive a cardiac arrest.
That number jumps considerably if a defibrillator is on hand. = pacemaker. THe pacemaker will kick like the paddles you see in movies restarting the heart.
It also can pace meaning assist the heart in pumping to fix abnormalities in rhythm.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many reasons but generally its due to risk factors for cardiac arrest.
I had a cardiac arrest apr1 2011. Several factors played into mine.
It was a perfect storm. High BP from AAS. Serotonin storm from a medication caused a further hypertensive crisis which lead to arrhythmia.
I was asleep. Luckily someone heard me gasping and called 911. If I hadnt lived across the st from the hospital Id be dead for sure.
Only a very small % survive a cardiac arrest.
That number jumps considerably if a defibrillator is on hand. = pacemaker. THe pacemaker will kick like the paddles you see in movies restarting the heart.
It also can pace meaning assist the heart in pumping to fix abnormalities in rhythm.
Thanks the the info- glad you made it man! Very lucky

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Take it slow. Your body will tell you when your pushing yourself too hard.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Take it slow. Your body will tell you when your pushing yourself too hard.
So true. Damn my heart was hurting after my move, as I barely was hydrating and had lady issues at the time. Felt like I need to go the ER. Hurt for several days after finishing moving in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 9
The Solution General Chat 4