Best books?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to order Beyond Brawn. Are there any other good books I should get? I'm looking for something with lots of different splits and training tips.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Also, do I need to get the original Brawn first?

Here are a few that look halfway interesting, but I don't know if they're any good or not:

Further Brawn(McRobert)
Insider's Tell-All Handbook on Weight Training Technique(McRobert)
Men's Health Home Workout Bible
The Book of Muscle(Lou Shuler & Ian King)
Modern Trends in Strength Training(Poliquin)

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Personally I wouldnt get anything from mens health for workout advice. I would go with anything from Poliquin, and Ian King is really good too. I dont have any books about training, also havent really read any, I would like to get one of Poliquin's books in the future.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Also, do I need to get the original Brawn first?

Here are a few that look halfway interesting, but I don't know if they're any good or not:

Further Brawn(McRobert)
Insider's Tell-All Handbook on Weight Training Technique(McRobert)
Men's Health Home Workout Bible
The Book of Muscle(Lou Shuler & Ian King)
Modern Trends in Strength Training(Poliquin)
I have Beyond Brawn and Weight Training Technique. Both good reads. Beyond Brawn is an updated version of Brawn and I'm go out on a limb and say Further Brawn is an updated version of Beyond Brawn. So get one or the other. I do suggest you get Stuart's Weight Training Technique if you do in fact get either of the Brawn's. This book goes into detail on how to perform each exercise he mentions in the Brawn books. Also, he has a Logbook as well that will come in handy if you happen to follow his training advice. In fact, email me at [email protected] if you want and I can email you some good prices on all three of these books.

Ibanez

Awards
Some good training books are Supertraining by Mel Siff and science and pratice of strength training by vladimir zatiorsky(sp?). They are mainly about strength training, but the books will teach you alot about training.