post cycle training

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
should i keep the volume the same for the first week or lower it? doing roughly 16 sets if you have seen my previous post

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
should i keep the volume the same for the first week or lower it? doing roughly 16 sets if you have seen my previous post
your energy and ability to maintain the volume you have been doing during your cycle, should be similar the first couple of days postcycle. so, i dont find it necessary to dramatically decrease immediately. I would plateau the volume out over a span of a couple of days and at least by the end of the first week (3-6 days), your volume should be drastically lower. (dont be discouraged if you are not able to lift the same weight as you did in midst of your cycle.. :(
Sage

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah i used to do around 8 sets per muscle group but honestly it wasnt enough for me.. iw asnt growing like i should.. i upped it to around 16 and started isolating muscle groups giving each section so many sets and it has worked wonders.. the only problem is rest and stress... you need a lot of rest, good nutrition, and no stress... unfortunately i have stress, i dont get enough sleep, yet i focus on good nutrition.. so what i found to work best for me is hit the weights hard (high volume) for a week or two, then lower the volume at the site of overtraining, therefore since my body is used to higher volume the lower volume is almost like a rest week.. seems to be workin well..