Front Dumbbell Raises

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
Inside of elbows and palms facing up to ceiling? Or the more common, overhand grip?

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
but but but

i want my front delts to blow up. Also my outer-edge pecs, where the scapula and delts meet, are non-existant....

spitboy

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
but but but

i want my front delts to blow up. Also my outer-edge pecs, where the scapula and delts meet, are non-existant....

spitboy
...then stick to military press and side raises ... don't overtrain your front delts ... the get hit with military and every other type of press (i.e. flat bench, incline bench, etc.)

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Yeah definately don't over train your front delts. I don't do any direct work to them any more b/c they are so over-developed from BB benching. Just about every pressing movement you can do will hit your front delts. Stick to military presses, and arnold raises w/side raises.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't forget some people can't do militaries.

I, for one, cannot do them due to shoulder pain which seems to exert itself especially on militaries.

In this case, front raises are essential to maintaining delt size.

I feel a bit better in the front delt with palms facing down.

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah I can't do Militaries or Upright Rows. My shoulders are screwed up. Plus I'm not doing Presses right now to let my shoulders catch up with my pecs. Right now I'm doing Arnolds, and Side and Front and Rear raises

Don't forget some people can't do militaries.

I, for one, cannot do them due to shoulder pain which seems to exert itself especially on militaries.

In this case, front raises are essential to maintaining delt size.

I feel a bit better in the front delt with palms facing down.