German Volume Training

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I though arms were done on shoulder day, like this
    10x10 shoulders
    3x3 bi's
    3x3 tri's

at least for the beginner GVT cycle

2. No but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    I though arms were done on shoulder day, like this
    10x10 shoulders
    3x3 bi's
    3x3 tri's

at least for the beginner GVT cycle
    Actually it's almost the opposite. If you look at http://www.strengthcats.com/CP-GVT.html you'll see that Day 4 (shoulders and arms) has you doing 10x10 dips and 10x10 curls then 3x10 lat raises and 3x10 bentover raises.

You gotta remember that poliquin (the guy that designed the modern GVT workout) believed in not working the shoulders too hard. I'm sure he thought that 10x10 benchpress and 10x10 pulldowns were working the shoulders hard enough as it was

4. Just an update.... I hate chest/back day

We chose flat bench and pulldowns for the 10x10 exercises and my god it's embarassing sitting there struggling with 30 lbs on each side of the bar while benching

5. Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Just an update.... I hate chest/back day

We chose flat bench and pulldowns for the 10x10 exercises and my god it's embarassing sitting there struggling with 30 lbs on each side of the bar while benching
    LMAO as I just did chest. Hot chick in the gym asking if she can spot me when I am on my 8th set of 155. Of course she asks why I am lifting so light.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by riskarb
    LMAO as I just did chest. Hot chick in the gym asking if she can spot me when I am on my 8th set of 155. Of course she asks why I am lifting so light.

Of course, if you lift too heavy you have the opposite problem... yelling and getting all psyched up, hyperventilating, turning red and grunting like a wild animal in the process of a ~700lb squat will scare away all but the most hardcore of chicks

7. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo

Of course, if you lift too heavy you have the opposite problem... yelling and getting all psyched up, hyperventilating, turning red and grunting like a wild animal in the process of a ~700lb squat will scare away all but the most hardcore of chicks
    Scare away chicks? **** that would scare most guys away
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. German Volume Training
    By wardog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 02:41 PM
  2. My experience with german volume training
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
  3. German Volume Training