German Volume Training

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Another thumbs up for GVT. No more than six weeks though.Hey riskarb, you have an interest in Navy Seals? I have been noticing your avatar. If so I have a number of interesting publications you might like.


  2. Sure Buddy; you can send me an email to my handle @gmail.com.
    •   
       


  3. GVT really does its best when used for legs IMO.

  4. riskarb, my e-mail is down. I think you may enjoy Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko. He is the founder of team six. This book is action packed. The other is The Warrior Elite by Dick Couch, also a former Seal. He was allowed to follow Class 228 through their first phase training. I am amazed by the tenacity of these men. It is impressive how a strong mind can overcome physical punishment. Enjoy!

  5. Thanks Anadrol... have you seen the documentary on Fit TV? It follows a recent BUD/S class[class 236] Thanks for the suggestions.
    •   
       


  6. I though arms were done on shoulder day, like this
    10x10 shoulders
    3x3 bi's
    3x3 tri's

    at least for the beginner GVT cycle

  7. No but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER
    I though arms were done on shoulder day, like this
    10x10 shoulders
    3x3 bi's
    3x3 tri's

    at least for the beginner GVT cycle
    Actually it's almost the opposite. If you look at http://www.strengthcats.com/CP-GVT.html you'll see that Day 4 (shoulders and arms) has you doing 10x10 dips and 10x10 curls then 3x10 lat raises and 3x10 bentover raises.

    You gotta remember that poliquin (the guy that designed the modern GVT workout) believed in not working the shoulders too hard. I'm sure he thought that 10x10 benchpress and 10x10 pulldowns were working the shoulders hard enough as it was

  9. Just an update.... I hate chest/back day

    We chose flat bench and pulldowns for the 10x10 exercises and my god it's embarassing sitting there struggling with 30 lbs on each side of the bar while benching

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Just an update.... I hate chest/back day

    We chose flat bench and pulldowns for the 10x10 exercises and my god it's embarassing sitting there struggling with 30 lbs on each side of the bar while benching
    LMAO as I just did chest. Hot chick in the gym asking if she can spot me when I am on my 8th set of 155. Of course she asks why I am lifting so light.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by riskarb
    LMAO as I just did chest. Hot chick in the gym asking if she can spot me when I am on my 8th set of 155. Of course she asks why I am lifting so light.


    Of course, if you lift too heavy you have the opposite problem... yelling and getting all psyched up, hyperventilating, turning red and grunting like a wild animal in the process of a ~700lb squat will scare away all but the most hardcore of chicks

  12. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo


    Of course, if you lift too heavy you have the opposite problem... yelling and getting all psyched up, hyperventilating, turning red and grunting like a wild animal in the process of a ~700lb squat will scare away all but the most hardcore of chicks
    Scare away chicks? **** that would scare most guys away
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. German Volume Training
    By wardog in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
  2. My experience with german volume training
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. German Volume Training
    By kmvern in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
  4. german volume training
    By chessmaster in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
  5. German Volume Training Time
    By AlexParty in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Log in
Log in