new routine - please critique

wheykrayz

Awards
First of all my main goal is to put on size on my arms, I feel like they are lagging compared to the rest of my upper body. Oh yeah, and I will be starting a deca/sust cycle in a few weeks, don't know if that matters.

Monday:
Flat bench press 3 x 8,8,6
Incline Press 2 x 8,6
Military Press 2 x 7
Laterals 2 x 15,10

Wednesday:
Squats 3 x 6-8
Deadlift 2 x 7
BB Rows 3 x 8
chins 2 x 12

Friday:
Spider curls 4 x 10-12
Skull Crushers 4 x 10,8,8,6
Shrugs 2 x 10
Rear laterals 2 x 15,10

I will be alternating some exercises with others like seated rows with chins and db's with bb bench and military.

Whatcha think?

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I think I would consider doing squats and deadlifts on different days. It's probably too much on the body all at once. As for bringing up the lagging arms I would focus on the tri's with weighted dips, skullcrushers (try them on an incline too), and close grip (this doesn't seem to work for everyone, but give a go at it and see how it feels). I would keep the rep range low at 4-6. This should help put some mass on esp. with your upcoming cycle.

wheykrayz

Awards
I think I would consider doing squats and deadlifts on different days. It's probably too much on the body all at once. As for bringing up the lagging arms I would focus on the tri's with weighted dips, skullcrushers (try them on an incline too), and close grip (this doesn't seem to work for everyone, but give a go at it and see how it feels). I would keep the rep range low at 4-6. This should help put some mass on esp. with your upcoming cycle.
For arms, how many exercises per day and how many sets is sufficient?

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
For arms, how many exercises per day and how many sets is sufficient?
For solid mass gains I would do a couple warm up sets for the given exercise and then 2-3 heavy sets for 4-6 reps per exercise. I rotate between doing 4-6 sets total sets for bis (usually 4 though) and 4-6 total for tris (usually 6, but see what works for you).

You don't need to do a lot of sets to increase your arm size. Increasing your arm size has more to do with the quality of the reps, not overtraining the arms, and using heavy ass weight.