boosting test by training legs, but keep legs medium size

FitnessLuke

Awards
I know some will hate me for this, but I dont want my quads/hams/ glutes huge. My waist is 30-31, so my upperlegs end up getting too big for my pants. I would like for my calves to get huge and dont ever have to worry about them getting too big. Anyways I know how important leg training is for developing everything else, but what does it take for a hormone boost/overall body boost??

I guess technically I should do less reps heavy weight to keep them small? Any suggestions. Even some bro science haha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its doubtful the test "boosting effect" will make any noticeable difference. Now this doesnt mean skip legs.. you dont want to be THAT guy in the gym. Just focus on strength training for your legs, not hypertrophy. Having strong legs doesnt have to mean having massive legs. Whats your BF%? Your leg size might be mostly fat and not muscle

FitnessLuke

Awards
Its doubtful the test "boosting effect" will make any noticeable difference. Now this doesnt mean skip legs.. you dont want to be THAT guy in the gym. Just focus on strength training for your legs, not hypertrophy. Having strong legs doesnt have to mean having massive legs. Whats your BF%? Your leg size might be mostly fat and not muscle
Body fat is 7% maybe a little lower now. Legs is actually the last place I hold fat. Its very very hard to pinch skin on my legs for a skin fold fat test. Even if there isnt much of a hormone boost doesnt it limit the development of upperbody if u skip leg day?

Right now my legs are like runer legs. Very toned, but not bulky. Calvea could deff use work, but I have calves that sit really high and dont stretch down very far. They are about 14.5 inch maybe 15 by now. Still look tiny to my upperbody bc my arms are 17.5 inch

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Body fat is 7% maybe a little lower now. Legs is actually the last place I hold fat. Its very very hard to pinch skin on my legs for a skin fold fat test. Even if there isnt much of a hormone boost doesnt it limit the development of upperbody if u skip leg day? Right now my legs are like runer legs. Very toned, but not bulky. Calvea could deff use work, but I have calves that sit really high and dont stretch down very far. They are about 14.5 inch maybe 15 by now. Still look tiny to my upperbody bc my arms are 17.5 inch
Are you currently on cycle? I ask because 17.5 inch arms at 7 percent bodyfat at 180 pounds is not happening naturally. I ldgaf what anyone says it's not happening lol

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Are you currently on cycle? I ask because 17.5 inch arms at 7 percent bodyfat at 180 pounds is not happening naturally. I ldgaf what anyone says it's not happening lol
Why is that not happening naturally? I mean they're good numbers but nothing amazing. No offense. I had 17 inch arms at 190 at 8% bf and definitely was all natty at that point

FitnessLuke

Awards
Okay so about a year ago I had same arm measurments, bench was roughly the same, body fat less then 8%..did the 7 point fold method and got recorded at 6%....but I sure as hell wasnt really that low bc I woulda had veins in my legs like how my arms are. So ill say I was 8%...I was natty alllll natty at that point. Preworkout cycles was as far as id ever gone. I was between 178-182 lbs at 510.
Well I decided to compete bc I talked to many about it. I did a strict diet and cardio every day on top of weights. Trained 5 days a week at a minimum. Well by the time the show came around I lost a lot of muscle and was more just a skinny kid. Arms were 16 inch and waste 29-30. Body fat with the skin fold was apparently 5% for the competition. I was 169-170lbs. I ended up looking flat and was FELT burnt out when it was all said and done. After the competition I realized how much weaker I had gotten. Got a lot of strength up a couple of months later.sometime after that I got prscribed adderal which made me drop 10 lbs again..

I hated how much I lost, so eventually I regrettably gave into the pressure of gear and got talked into an hdrol cycle. That basically hardened me up and got me back to 178 lbs and my 300+ bench in 5 weeks. I wasnt too impressed and really regret that cycle bc I strongly feel like I coulda made those gains natty had I stopped adderall, bc I had been that size before and at that strength without gear(did have a lot of veins on cycle though).. Well 6 weeks after hdrol I decided to try sarms(due to being less suppressive) and I am on week 3. Ive gained roughly 3 lbs and I am just now starting to be in the best shape of my life. Arms havnt increased much bc I havent been focusing on them much.

Long story short I am young bro...I honestly wasnt nearly at my natty potential when I did hdrol and I regret that. I could have eventually gotten 18 plus arms and stayed single digit body fat if I stayed away from the beer+adderall and trained how I am now. I know this for a fact bc when I was natty I was only half an inch shy of 18inch arms. Still had the 6 pack like I do now.

Now to say I coulda gotten 20 inch arms one day and stayed that lean...

Well thats a stretch lol

FitnessLuke

Awards
Why is that not happening naturally? I mean they're good numbers but nothing amazing. No offense. I had 17 inch arms at 190 at 8% bf and definitely was all natty at that point
Exactly I feel like you can be all natty and that lean until you hit the 20inch arm range.. when greg valantino was natural he had 21inch arms. He wasnt that lean, but if he would cut and lost 2 inches...well shoot he woulda still been a natural with 19 inch arms..

Mystere3

Awards
You can train legs 5/3/1 style and they won't get huge. That's sort of what I do, keep leg reps lower for all lifts. I rarely go over 8 reps and keep volume relatively low. It's too easy for me to put on lower body mass (was a college fb player) so I have to be mindful to stay proportional.

FitnessLuke

Awards
You can train legs 5/3/1 style and they won't get huge. That's sort of what I do, keep leg reps lower for all lifts. I rarely go over 8 reps and keep volume relatively low. It's too easy for me to put on lower body mass (was a college fb player) so I have to be mindful to stay proportional.
Yeah that sounds like a plan! That should also increase my leg strength by a lot. Idk if thia will happen, but it seems reasonable to think just have stronger legs will give u a stronger everything else