Cardio Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.54%

Angry Cardio Help

Well after a successfull bulking cycle, I find myself horribly out of shape. I'm only 21 and I think my conditioning should be much better. I think it was in fact, but I feel like M1T really lowered my cardiovascular level. The problem is that I have to run 1 1/2 miles in under 13:48 for my Police POWER test. I ran it in 13.36 the other day and was extremely dead at the end. I jogged and walked 4 miles today through the woods and was near death once again. The test is Saturday and I don't feel comfortable with just a 10 second room for error. Any suggestions on knocking some time of my run by saturday. Any supps I should take, energy drinks, training protocols, etc... would be greatly appreciated!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%

As far as training protocol goes, I don't believe much physiological adaptation can happen in the time before your test. The best advice I can give you is to carb up the day before (friday) and tomorrow with complex carbs like pasta...I would suggest trying to hit your 1 1/2 mile mark again tomorrow, and then take it easy on Friday, just a light jog and some stretching...as far as supplements go, I'm not really a running/endurance expert, but I would suggest not to take any heavy doses of caffiene or ephedrine, it might give you burst out of the gate, but chances are you'd hit a wall...I wouldn't take anything on the test day that you havn't tried before...one supp. that could help is a B-comp, it aids in the energy transport, and conversion of food to energy, hope that helps! Good luck on your test man,
    CK

Similar Forum Threads

1. getting breathless, need to start cardio. help me oot.
    By strongman6969 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 11:53 AM
  2. cardio?help
    By at1010 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. Problems with calves cramping during cardio.. HELP!!
    By ramyers2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
  4. Cardio PLEASE help!
    By Rebel in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 07:46 PM
  5. Please help with my routine/cardio layout.
    By OmarJackson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 04:18 PM