The Meaning of Legs - Read this it's short and sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. The Meaning of Legs - Read this it's short and sweet.

THE MEANING OF LEGS

Your leg development is a direct reflection of your character. Weak legs mean a weak will. Show me a man whose upper body is proportionately bigger than his lower body and I'll show you a man who will settle for mediocre success in all walks of life. Never will he win a championship. Deficient legs are a sign that he cannot take the strain of a leg workout that would be of maximum benefit, because a good leg workout bears no resemblance to a good workout for any other body part.

How true is that. How true is that????
    Last edited by Deoudes59; 01-30-2005 at 11:10 PM.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

2. spot on!
    •   

3. That's great!

4. legs are great, best place to stack muscle, burn those extra calories and make your mid-section look leaner

5. true true, I look ~210ish, but the added leg muscle sticks me at 220lbs+
    •   

6. Printed to read before my leg workout.

7. from the depths of the board...

bumping this, for all to read and reread and reflect and react

8. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    THE MEANING OF LEGS

Your leg development is a direct reflection of your character. Weak legs mean a weak will. Show me a man whose upper body is proportionately bigger than his lower body and I'll show you a man who will settle for mediocre success in all walks of life. Never will he win a championship. Deficient legs are a sign that he cannot take the strain of a leg workout that would be of maximum benefit, because a good leg workout bears no resemblance to a good workout for any other body part.

How true is that. How true is that????

You speak the truth.

9. awesome writeup, but it wasn't by me!

10. I conccur

11. The ones who dont work legs hard are either wimps or ego seekers. When someone says "flex", I dont see too many quads, and you never hear a girl say "look at those hamstrings"
  12. Wink

The only time I have gotten a compliment on my legs was when some girl was wrestling with me and she grabbed my legs (well hammys). She was like omg, your legs are hard! I was like...well DUH!

(I guess thats kinda a compliment)

13. Word.

Ry - the next line should have been "Oh yeah? I'll show you hard!"

14. ahha! i should have. She was cute too!

15. Yea I love legs and hate them, its kind of the same thing with deadlifts. It feels good to be lifting the heavy weights and that first set or 2 feels good. But by the 3-4, it just takes everything you got to get it out and usually ends up with me feeling a little sick from it.

16. Ok, that paragraph made me cry.

lol, jk. I've lost a lot of size on my legs lately..very frustrating.

I just did my first heavy leg WO after a 3 month lay-off due to a lumbar injury. It's good to be back!

17. Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    The ones who dont work legs hard are either wimps or ego seekers. When someone says "flex", I dont see too many quads, and you never hear a girl say "look at those hamstrings"
    so true, even if you aren't a bodybuilder, you still have to work legs. you're not an athlete if you don't work legs. hell, you're not a man if you don't*

* not counting injuries.

18. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    so true, even if you aren't a bodybuilder, you still have to work legs. you're not an athlete if you don't work legs. hell, you're not a man if you don't*

* not counting injuries.
    Or a woman for that matter. Work those legs hard ladies. Great post!
  19. Thumbs up

Pretty sweet, where did you find this?

20. I read that everone should do atleast 50 squats a day, non weighted on nonlifting days. It is suppossed to be really good for your internals cause it makes the blood flow better in your upper torso. I will try to find it and post it here.
    Drew

21. not true.

22. legs is the one area where "no pain no gain" truly applies

23. Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I read that everone should do atleast 50 squats a day, non weighted on nonlifting days. It is suppossed to be really good for your internals cause it makes the blood flow better in your upper torso. I will try to find it and post it here.
    Drew
    haha, that's overtraining if i had to guess
    arnold's father supposedly made him and his brother do 2 sets of squats everyday or they wouldn't get breakfast
    maybe true but maybe not

24. Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    I read that everone should do atleast 50 squats a day, non weighted on nonlifting days. It is suppossed to be really good for your internals cause it makes the blood flow better in your upper torso. I will try to find it and post it here.
    Drew
    used to do the matt furey workout.
    had worked my way up to 1000 'hindu squats' at a time.
    did wonders for endurance and knee and ankle pain.
    however did zero for mass and fat burning.
    also, after a time it got boring as hell spending an hour doing 'hindu sqauts'.
    YMMV

25. Fantastic truth.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 10:21 AM
  2. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
  3. The meaning of "shut down"
    By timogburn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 03:30 PM