Tennis elbow

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just figured out I have this and it sucks. It hurts to even lift something as simple at a plate or a cup. I've been still lifting with it as I'm in a cycle and can't stop. Has anyone else gotten this and if so what did you do? Could I have permanent damage from continued use? After my cycle which is another 5 weeks, I could rest it, but I'm on Trimax and have to lift or bye bye muscle.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Just figured out I have this and it sucks. It hurts to even lift something as simple at a plate or a cup. I've been still lifting with it as I'm in a cycle and can't stop. Has anyone else gotten this and if so what did you do? Could I have permanent damage from continued use? After my cycle which is another 5 weeks, I could rest it, but I'm on Trimax and have to lift or bye bye muscle.
Please listen to me...you NEED ART! I suffered with this crap (tennis elbow) for 9+ months and ART/stretching the affected area were the only things that worked. Any questions please ask b/c I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who has tennis elbow.

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
I have tennis elbow from doing front raises a few months back. I've stopped doing front and lateral raises, since these just aggravate it. Not much else bothers my elbow so now I concentrate on overhead presses to work the shoulders. For rehab, I do very light, high-rep bandwork from several different angles. I use a piece of surgical tubing and do 50 reps several times a day. This is meant to be very low intensity. Basically I mimmick front and lateral raises and overhead extensions (reversed grip). It's improving much faster now that I am lightly working the affected area.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Please listen to me...you NEED ART! I suffered with this crap (tennis elbow) for 9+ months and ART/stretching the affected area were the only things that worked. Any questions please ask b/c I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who has tennis elbow.
Glad to hear that because I'm definitely interested in anything I can do to make it feel better and keep lifting. It seems to be aggravated by front raises like mentioned, and french curls, anything where I have to raise my arm. Like I said resting it isnt an option right now so I'm definitely interested in ART. Please tell me more. Thanks.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear that because I'm definitely interested in anything I can do to make it feel better and keep lifting. It seems to be aggravated by front raises like mentioned, and french curls, anything where I have to raise my arm. Like I said resting it isnt an option right now so I'm definitely interested in ART. Please tell me more. Thanks.
Go to the site and click on the find provider. You can locate ART practitioners by zip code. www.activerelease.com

donk

Awards
Get some Expand your Hand bands from Ironminds (the peep who make CoC grippers)
I have been using them for a month now and not only has my grip strength has improved
my elbows don't hurt as much anymore. They are supposed to be good for tennis elbow and only cost $11.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Get some Expand your Hand bands from Ironminds (the peep who make CoC grippers)
I have been using them for a month now and not only has my grip strength has improved
my elbows don't hurt as much anymore. They are supposed to be good for tennis elbow and only cost $11.
I just purchased come cream and an elbow wrap. I'll see how that works. I cant stop lifting right now being in a cut cycle and all so hopefully this can calm it down until I can rest it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 36
Injury / Rehab 5
bmoore Injury / Rehab 1
Injury / Rehab 8
Training Forum 3