Rotator cuff

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but the other day at the gym I was doing plate raises overhead. The ones u grab the place like a steering wheel and do a front raise with it but I was ending overhead. And one of my friends walked by and said "oh some rotator work I see what ur doing." And I just agreed with him cause I didn't wanna look like a tard. So my question is does that movement work the rotator with the front delt or is it more of a front delt movement with little rotator work and vice versa. God bless

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a movement more likely to cause impingement of the biceps tendon and does not in anyway help the RC.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a descent understanding of how those muscles work and perhaps training them, google "The 7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" and or the Shoulder Horn, or the lying L-flye.

These are very small stabilizing muscles, that hold and help work the shoulder joint.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
For a descent understanding of how those muscles work and perhaps training them, google "The 7 Minute Rotator Cuff Solution" and or the Shoulder Horn, or the lying L-flye.

These are very small stabilizing muscles, that hold and help work the shoulder joint.
Thanks for the reply bromigo ill deffinatley check those out