How do these guys train?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll bet that's a question alot of people who post on here think at least twice while reading threads.. Since I happen to be out of the norm, I'll explain my training in detail, each phase as clearly as possible..

Phase 1!

In-Shape/Pre-Competition mode: This is where I'm more worried about looking good with my shirt open, or if I plan to entertain female party-goers.. :D Basically, it's what any normal person would call a "maintenance" type transition.. My diet is clean with afew cheat meals, training is heavy, no cardio..

Competition/Cutting mode: Here's where I get cranky, pissed off, ornery.. The funny part, I'm not on tren at the time! If infact tren increased aggression (I say no to drugs! :rolleyes: ), I'd probably end up in jail for flippin' out.. Carbs are way low, mostly from oats or a fiber supplement.. Veggies are also a part of the madness.. Training stays as heavy as can be handled..

Off-Season/Fatty-Bangin' mode: The mode I'm in now! I train intense, heavier than normal, and less during the week.. Why? Muscles are built outside the gym, Poopie! I eat whatever I want, when I want, dipped in what ever sauce I care to..

Now, as far as my routine, I don't have one.. I pretty much psyche myself up, and once I walk into the lockerroom, I know what bodypart I want to work.. I had visions of deadlifts so intense, I thought I was about to pull 450 when I realized I'm still at work!! That's the kind of focus I use, it helps a great deal.. Although I have no real routine structure, I do have a set plan of attack..

Day one: Deadlift 10 sets, 10-12 reps down to 6-8 reps

Day two: Benchpress 10 sets, 8-10 reps down to 3-6 reps

Day three: Squat 10 sets, 10 reps down to 5 reps

Day four: Military press 10 sets, 10-12 reps down to 6-8 reps

This is my "routine" once I walk into World Gym tomorrow evening.. I might not walk out the same guy who walked in.. :thumbsup:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
:box:
Off-Season/Fatty-Bangin' mode: The mode I'm in now! I train intense, heavier than normal, and less during the week.. Why? Muscles are built outside the gym, Poopie! I eat whatever I want, when I want, dipped in what ever sauce I care to..
:lol: This I can handle:cheers:

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
cool.

btw, your avatar really puts in perspective how truly big the pros are. palumbo is hyooooooooge!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'll bet that's a question alot of people who post on here think at least twice while reading threads.. Since I happen to be out of the norm, I'll explain my training in detail, each phase as clearly as possible..

Phase 1!

In-Shape/Pre-Competition mode: This is where I'm more worried about looking good with my shirt open, or if I plan to entertain female party-goers.. :D Basically, it's what any normal person would call a "maintenance" type transition.. My diet is clean with afew cheat meals, training is heavy, no cardio..

Competition/Cutting mode: Here's where I get cranky, pissed off, ornery.. The funny part, I'm not on tren at the time! If infact tren increased aggression (I say no to drugs! :rolleyes: ), I'd probably end up in jail for flippin' out.. Carbs are way low, mostly from oats or a fiber supplement.. Veggies are also a part of the madness.. Training stays as heavy as can be handled..

Now, as far as my routine, I don't have one.. I pretty much psyche myself up, and once I walk into the lockerroom, I know what bodypart I want to work.. I had visions of deadlifts so intense, I thought I was about to pull 450 when I realized I'm still at work!! That's the kind of focus I use, it helps a great deal.. Although I have no real routine structure, I do have a set plan of attack..

Day one: Deadlift 10 sets, 10-12 reps down to 6-8 reps

Day two: Benchpress 10 sets, 8-10 reps down to 3-6 reps

Day three: Squat 10 sets, 10 reps down to 5 reps

Day four: Military press 10 sets, 10-12 reps down to 6-8 reps

This is my "routine" once I walk into World Gym tomorrow evening.. I might not walk out the same guy who walked in.. :thumbsup:
Mr. Bigpetefox sir, do u do this all in one day? LOL looks like a kick the **** out of ya group of workouts, basic and to the point I like that. Now go hit up BK for lunch you know you want to. :run:

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established

LMAO, love it. :cheers:

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
You are the biggest man, Ive ever seen write/say Poopie-

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are the biggest man, Ive ever seen write/say Poopie-
To further add shock value, I occasionally wear pink.. :thumbsup:

No pink in the gym tonight, all business once I touch that bar..

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
Do you weight-train the same way during cutting as bulking?
or due to lower carbs do you do a higher rep scheme aka u.d 2.0(hst x3sets x15 reps repeated).

I have had good success with an 8rep(max) and slightly higher carb(100/200gm)carb cycle, mainly for strength purposes on a cut-
and would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks Bro'

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you weight-train the same way during cutting as bulking?
or due to lower carbs do you do a higher rep scheme aka u.d 2.0(hst x3sets x15 reps repeated).

I have had good success with an 8rep(max) and slightly higher carb(100/200gm)carb cycle, mainly for strength purposes on a cut-
and would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks Bro'
My training doesn't change too much, only when cutting I know I won't be as strong.. So, it's safe to say my shoulders hate it when I cut, that's where my weakness comes from..