Shoulder Prehab Advice

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering what type of stretching exercises I could do for shoulder health. I recently incorporated shoulder workouts and find that my left side is much weaker than my right side. It makes clicking noises during stretches and even some light weight isolation exercises. I've picked up a resistance band but am not sure where to start. Any tips or links to videos would be appreciated. Thanks guys. :)

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
I'm sure Zir Red has a ton of stuff on his youtube page regarding shoulder health so look into that but I, personally, incorporate various pull aparts and "dislocations" as a part of my upper body warm ups and also use face pulls and other work for scap retractors at the end of my sessions

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how thick your band is, but this video is almost all you need to keep your shoulders healthy:

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Very informative and just what I was looking for. Will definitely put that to use. :)

@ Paul - I just have a single band, so don't think I can rig up the Y-band. Thanks for your input!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perfect. Thanks Jason!
Jason, a bit off topic, but do you have any articles/videos on improving hip mobility internal/external rotation in regards to a better squat for someone experiencing hip impingement issues? I could use my resistance band here as well.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jason, a bit off topic, but do you have any articles/videos on improving hip mobility internal/external rotation in regards to a better squat for someone experiencing hip impingement issues? I could use my resistance band here as well.
I have a bunch of different hip mobility exercises on my toutube channel. I haven't wrote an article on it...yet. I think watching you squat would be best to try and identify where the lack of mobility is and then work to correct it. youtube.com/zirred

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a bunch of different hip mobility exercises on my toutube channel. I haven't wrote an article on it...yet. I think watching you squat would be best to try and identify where the lack of mobility is and then work to correct it. youtube.com/zirred
Checked them out, thanks! Also tried those curtsy lunge plyos on your channel to finish off my leg workout tonight. I usually do curtsy lunges anyway but with dumbbells. Good stuff!