How low do you squat?
- 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
- 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Ill try to dig it up on my phone, but no promises.
It was shown that the posterior chain was just as active during a parallel squat but the quadriceps were activated MORE in the ATG squat. So a full squat actually emphasizes that quads more, and by your reasoning, is detrimental to the knees (although I don't tend to agree with that sentiment). Also, its important to consider that ATG squats utilize less weight (generally) because of leverage so the difference in quad activation when taken to 90% 1RM may be less with ATG simply because of the weight difference.
04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
But for me, I never go less than parallel. After all, everyone can squat 500 for 2 inches...
04-29-2013, 03:49 PM
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Going ATG absolutely destroys my legs and can barely walk the next two days where if I don't go ATG I get less DOMS
05-30-2013, 09:04 PM
i was going almost ass to ground for awhile, but as i've increased my load i'm back to going about parallel.
05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
4 knee surgeries here and when i was squatting 315 for reps to just barely parallel my knee wud be sore and tender for days..stripped the wieght started atg and worked my way back up to 275 for reps..its improved my flexability of the joint tenfold and no more pain..my knee feels so good i dont even bother taking joint support supps anymore
Similar Forum Threads
- By Hyde in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 18Last Post: 03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
- By jumpshot903 in forum Training ForumReplies: 23Last Post: 10-24-2011, 01:40 AM
- By blackjack in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-19-2004, 10:49 PM
- By sage in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 02-13-2003, 01:28 PM
- By Patuba in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2002, 04:48 PM