Becoming a supple leopard

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So K-Star's book droppped yesterday. Did anyone pick up a copy?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Really interested in this one. The only thing I hate about MobilityWOD is that I get so caught up in all the mobility tests from the videos I fail that I can't sleep because my mind is racing about internal shoulder rotation and so on.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im enjoying it so far

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Placed my order yesterday, should get it within a week.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I probably should pick this up. Hadn't heard about it but I am pretty interested after seeing this thread and doing some googling. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I probably should pick this up. Hadn't heard about it but I am pretty interested after seeing this thread and doing some googling. :)
Definitely do. I have 'mobility' issues in my hips and starting MWOD (the only WOD worth doing/ looking into imo) and the problems are slowly getting better.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have mobility issues? Or train others?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Assess and correct by Cressy and FMS by Cook are also good books in this category

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have mobility issues? Or train others?
Ya this is next on the list of purchases and reads...seems like it could be helpful with those I work with.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just was on mobilityWOD trying some hip stuff...I'm buying this book. Thanks for pointing it out Josh.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I'll bite. I haven't heard of this stuff ever, but you guys have me interested. It seems as if a lot of episodes exist, but where is the beginner stock stuff at? All I'm seeing is a bunch of specific type problems, most of which I don't know if I have.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I'll bite. I haven't heard of this stuff ever, but you guys have me interested. It seems as if a lot of episodes exist, but where is the beginner stock stuff at? All I'm seeing is a bunch of specific type problems, most of which I don't know if I have.
The book appears to be an organized version of his site. Sort of like how Sissons Primal book is an organized version of his site MDA

Go to the first post of the mobility blog and start there.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya this is next on the list of purchases and reads...seems like it could be helpful with those I work with.
Cressys A&C book is good too for performing assessments on clients. FMS has lots of fans but I havent brought myself to spend the money to attend a seminar. I have heard positive things about his body in balance book from other coaches but again dont have first hand experience with his work

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cressys A&C book is good too for performing assessments on clients. FMS has lots of fans but I havent brought myself to spend the money to attend a seminar. I have heard positive things about his body in balance book from other coaches but again dont have first hand experience with his work
Ya I read a ton of Cressey's stuff but haven't picked that up yet unfortunately. :sad:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone pick up that Alpha book?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For those interested and are unsure, on the fence, or dont really know what it is, here are a couple videos to start you off with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwKnk16Zbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZX1QMTdAC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4cpBBDVGGU

and my favorite one so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY
Those vidoes literally represent my pre-squat + deadlift regime and general mobility work. It has done wonders for my leg drive and correcting my hip issues.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just ordered last night. Should be here midweek.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great thread, definitely going to check these books out.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought my copy the day it came out, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ordered. Amazon says it'll be here 5/2.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought my copy the day it came out, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
Same. I have just been waiting until after finals to really sit down and read it

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ah, an AM book club. Finally haha.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
broke down and bought it, I hope I don't get nightmares now about lack of internal rotation.

aceroni

Awards
Subbed for more video links from judo Josh

Also, my chiropractor told me the book is exactly the Web site

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So has anyone read through it yet?

I read all the material and I am at the point where he shows the mobility work for specific areas and I have to say this is a very good book. I highly recommend it. Now I gotta use his guidelines and set up my system.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I read all the material and I am at the point where he shows the mobility work for specific areas and I have to say this is a very good book. I highly recommend it. Now I gotta use his guidelines and set up my system.
I read through it at my gym today. Vast amount of information. I'll be downloading it off of iTunes tomorrow night.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Oh that is very good to hear. I havent read it myself (I have been waiting until after finals) but when it first came I flipped through it and wasnt too impressed. The end where he separates movements by region, this seemed to be the best asset of the book but again I havent read it so cant really say. Keep us posted with how your doing with it

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh that is very good to hear. I havent read it myself (I have been waiting until after finals) but when it first came I flipped through it and wasnt too impressed. The end where he separates movements by region, this seemed to be the best asset of the book but again I havent read it so cant really say. Keep us posted with how your doing with it
NBA finals? Lol jk

I found it really good. Granted if you don't use certain movements the hierarchy of movements sections will go fast. His bench break down wasn't the best I've seen, etc. Squat was very good IMO.

The real value is the laws of torque, understanding his principles on mobility training, importance of consistency, setting up a program, and of course, the actual movements(which is the best asset). If you have been following him a long time(I haven't) then some of this may be repetitive to you and you could skim more.

And I will do. I was thinking once some more people read it a good convo on patterns and use on training/non-training days could be interesting.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read through it at my gym today. Vast amount of information. I'll be downloading it off of iTunes tomorrow night.
It is some really good stuff. Especially for people like the forums since we are constantly pushing ourselves, getting tweaks here and there, etc.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Check your PM's JudoJosh , there is only 1 book left at that price.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check your PM's JudoJosh , there is only 1 book left at that price.
Your PM box is full

Anyway, normally I would be all over it but I just spent around $150 on books for the summer so cant really afford to buy another one at this time and prolly wouldnt even have time to get to it but thanks for the thoughts and recommendation

Have you read the book?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your PM box is full

Anyway, normally I would be all over it but I just spent around $150 on books for the summer so cant really afford to buy another one at this time and prolly wouldnt even have time to get to it but thanks for the thoughts and recommendation

Have you read the book?
I just ordered a couple at that price for myself and a friend. Figured i'd let you know of the last copy they had available on the off chance. I had been looking at buying the lastest edition for around $140NZD but then I saw that copy.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
$23 is tempting though...

The nutrition books I just got are
Optimum sport nutrition
Handbook of sports medicine and science: sports utrition
Precession nutrition
Girth control
Advanced nutrition and human metabolism
Protein book and stubborn fat loss by lyle

By any chance have you read any of them?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
$23 is tempting though...

The nutrition books I just got are
Optimum sport nutrition
Handbook of sports medicine and science: sports utrition
Precession nutrition
Girth control
Advanced nutrition and human metabolism
Protein book and stubborn fat loss by lyle

By any chance have you read any of them?
Theres some copies for $9 on there but US only :( I didn't see that when I recommended it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haven't read any of them; but was looking at picking up a copy of that advanced nutrition and metabolism at some point.

Seems like it would be quite a good read.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I also picked up this for $5, Food Science: The Biochemistry of Food & Nutrition, Student Edition