Does OVER training exist???

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by badnews09 View Post
    I workout 5 days a week and separate every muscle group except bi and tri.

    I've had great results and growing substantially
    The reason I started this post was to see if my lacking body parts (arms 17.5in) could be worked out more to catch up with the rest of my body without negative effects on growth as well as joins and ligaments.

    Started trying to work them out 3x a week and I just felt by the third day I had nothing left in them... If you catching my problem is that over training, my diet is on point so I'm not concerned with not having the right calories.
    Check list right here. Is your diet on point? You said yes so lets check that off. Are you switching up your routine every 4 to 8 weeks? Are you still gaining in other areas? 17.5 in is a pretty good size and nobody knows there genetic limit until they hit it. Do you think that's possible?
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt


  2. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Check list right here. Is your diet on point? You said yes so lets check that off. Are you switching up your routine every 4 to 8 weeks? Are you still gaining in other areas? 17.5 in is a pretty good size and nobody knows there genetic limit until they hit it. Do you think that's possible?
    Only been lifting for a yr now so I don't think that's possible to hit my genetic limits. Again there growing just not at as fast of a rate as the rest of the body
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by badnews09 View Post

    Only been lifting for a yr now so I don't think that's possible to hit my genetic limits. Again there growing just not at as fast of a rate as the rest of the body
    Do you have an idea what your body fat % is?
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  4. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Do you have an idea what your body fat % is?
    13.2 not to high not to low

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I'm in no way saying training them everyday will produce the desired results, just that you won't induce overtraining syndrome doing arms 7 days a week.
    I think this is the source of GROSS misunderstanding revertraining. CNS fatigue /= poor growth because of poor programming, in this case doing arms daily.

    Too many people think the latter is overtraining. Good stuff, man. I like your posts.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by badnews09 View Post

    13.2 not to high not to low
    I'm at 12% ATM and below 9 is hell for me haha

    You've been training for a year now and you're already training biceps 3xa week? Triceps I can understand. They are used so much but you may be doing too much right out the gate.

    Overtraining means different things to different people but let me put it like this... My opinion is 3x a week on biceps /triceps is a bit much for a beginner. *I think of anyone under 3 years of training a beginner * your body can probably grow at 1x a week more efficiently right now. Later after a couple years your body eventually gets used to the tear and repair mechanics and you can bump it up to 2 to 3 x a week but my best guess is your stimulating them too much. This is not over training. This is just stalled progress. It happens. Time to change things up.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  7. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    I'm at 12% ATM and below 9 is hell for me haha

    You've been training for a year now and you're already training biceps 3xa week? Triceps I can understand. They are used so much but you may be doing too much right out the gate.

    Overtraining means different things to different people but let me put it like this... My opinion is 3x a week on biceps /triceps is a bit much for a beginner. *I think of anyone under 3 years of training a beginner * your body can probably grow at 1x a week more efficiently right now. Later after a couple years your body eventually gets used to the tear and repair mechanics and you can bump it up to 2 to 3 x a week but my best guess is your stimulating them too much. This is not over training. This is just stalled progress. It happens. Time to change things up.
    Makes alot of since! I def look at my self as a beginner so all try and see how one day a week on arms works and go from there.

    Thanks for all the help to everyone on this site alot of knowledge!!

  8. imho over training is not so much physical as hormonal and neurological.

    meaning your muscels can still perform the required tasks, they could potentially get bigger or even stronger

    but

    your cns is burned so it always feels like torture

    your hormones are out of whack so you get fat deposits, digestion and assimilation of nutrients is poor you lack drive etc.

    in the end always need a break from something hard

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    It has so much more to do with systemic inflammation and the immune system, the neuroendocrine response, and CNS neurotransmittors than just under eating/supplementing.

    There is a wealth of information on pubmed.gov regarding over training causes, autoregulation, and treatments. Just search the term "overtraining syndrome"

    Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
    Im sure you will agree with @Assooneyeonig in that over training while a real phenomena it isnt as much of a real occurance as the interwebs would have you believe. Meaning when you see a log of someone complaining of lethargy and hitting a wall in training, in most cases this is simply not enough calories and rest. Personally unless someone us constantly training near their 1rm it wiuld be quite a challenge for them to exerpience overtraining. Think of pro athletes and the amount of work load they go through in any given day. This is where programming comes in with overtraining
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  10. Edit: nevermind. What I said was essentially already said. I guess thats what I get for not reading the whole thread before responding
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Does weight training and....
    By fbcoach in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
  2. Over training with cardio?
    By badbart in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
  3. Am I over-training or am I just weak?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
  4. Over training?
    By Elizzard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
  5. Am I Over Training?
    By Unbreakable in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Log in
Log in