Light headed leg days

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Every leg day this past month I've been getting like almost like a hot flash, get real light headed.
I'm not really sure what it is I train heavy and hard but I have been for awhile now so I'm not real sure what the deal is.

Any ideas on how to combat this?

Diets good eat a chicken stir fry meal 2 hours before and a shake 30 min before my warm up walk.on the tread mill

napalm

napalm

Awards
Every leg day this past month I've been getting like almost like a hot flash, get real light headed.
I'm not really sure what it is I train heavy and hard but I have been for awhile now so I'm not real sure what the deal is.

Any ideas on how to combat this?

Diets good eat a chicken stir fry meal 2 hours before and a shake 30 min before my warm up walk.on the tread mill
Define heavy and hard.
What's your programming look like?
What movements are you doing?
Volume?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
I have the same issue...for me it results from my heart rate shooting up pretty high while engaged in deep ROM squats (have HR monitor on while working out..goes from 120-160BPM during the squats) you could have a similar situation. Squats tend to increase BP temporarily (have done BP cuff after squats as well. My gym has one)

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Define heavy and hard.
What's your programming look like?
What movements are you doing?
Volume?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
All rep range is around 10 to 15*

I do to warm up sets for leg ext. 55lb
5 sets ranging from 175 to 250lb last set is a drop set

Leg curls 6sets first 3 are more of a 3 up 3 down count 110lb
4th, 5th and 6th sets 155 to 170lb

Squats 4 sets, yesterday's weight was 135lb for 15, 225 for 12, 315 for 12, 405 for 6

Smith machine squats close leg, 135lb for 10, 225 for 10, 225 for 10 and 315 for 10

Had to rest alot longer between sets like 1 1/2 or 2 min

Started getting light headed back at leg curls and it progressed

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Low blood glucose can result in lightheadedness too

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Low blood glucose can result in lightheadedness too
The high blood pressure was something I was thinking it could be idk while all the sudden it would start up though. My diets really good so I don't think it would be the blood glucose though that would make great sense if I didn't eat 2 hours before a workout..

Do you get that during dead lifts as well??

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone gets a little lightheaded with dead lifts. I avoid them due to my experience with it in the past. I would suggest some simple carbs a little before/during to see if that makes any difference. Lifting anything heavy I'm general shoots the BP up and to come down from that after stopping a lift leaves the body compensating to get back to a normal BP..hence the lightheaded feeling

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
I think everyone gets a little lightheaded with dead lifts. I avoid them due to my experience with it in the past. I would suggest some simple carbs a little before/during to see if that makes any difference. Lifting anything heavy I'm general shoots the BP up and to come down from that after stopping a lift leaves the body compensating to get back to a normal BP..hence the lightheaded feeling
Waxy maze during workout??

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
I use Waxy maize post workout. Gatorade powder is decent for during your workout or an equivalent brand

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
on the blood sugar thing, maybe its from to much reliance on sugar in your diet. i noticed something years ago when training endurance athletes and then read about it many times since then, eat more fat and a lot less carbs.

i found that when my athletes were massive carb eaters they would stall out faster than those that were high fat eaters. the carb heavy eaters also would have to eat before a workout to make it through and eat right afterwards. the heavy fat eaters could not have eaten for hours before a workout and be fine and even wait a few hours after a workout and recover just as well.

yes, that is conjecture and not sciencey (fun to say) at all. to add i found that those that ate lower carb, like under 40% of daily intake, would eat carbs pre workout they would last longer than normal as well. and if carbbackloading is correct then massive carbs post workout helps with recovery immensely as well as optimizing hormonal responses for getting stronger and being leaner.

this change can take weeks if not months to notice. most people that try it are so [brainwashed] that fat is bad and carbs are good just cant change their diet enough, cheat a lot, workout half ass, and are convinced that they are going to suffer that of course they do. its called a placebo effect. it can take weeks if not months to retrain your body to eat mostly fat, a lot less carbs, and feel great working out. its like a whole rewiring has to occur which once done you wonder why you even ate the other way.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
hows your hydration? are you using any stimulant supplements?

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
on the blood sugar thing, maybe its from to much reliance on sugar in your diet. i noticed something years ago when training endurance athletes and then read about it many times since then, eat more fat and a lot less carbs.

i found that when my athletes were massive carb eaters they would stall out faster than those that were high fat eaters. the carb heavy eaters also would have to eat before a workout to make it through and eat right afterwards. the heavy fat eaters could not have eaten for hours before a workout and be fine and even wait a few hours after a workout and recover just as well.

yes, that is conjecture and not sciencey (fun to say) at all. to add i found that those that ate lower carb, like under 40% of daily intake, would eat carbs pre workout they would last longer than normal as well. and if carbbackloading is correct then massive carbs post workout helps with recovery immensely as well as optimizing hormonal responses for getting stronger and being leaner.

this change can take weeks if not months to notice. most people that try it are so [brainwashed] that fat is bad and carbs are good just cant change their diet enough, cheat a lot, workout half ass, and are convinced that they are going to suffer that of course they do. its called a placebo effect. it can take weeks if not months to retrain your body to eat mostly fat, a lot less carbs, and feel great working out. its like a whole rewiring has to occur which once done you wonder why you even ate the other way.
That very beneficial information! As I've said in past threads I'm very much still a newbie only been lifting about 10months total. I will post my diet if you would take a look see what you think it would be much appreciated.

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
hows your hydration? are you using any stimulant supplements?
I get in about 2 gallons of water a day.
And another half gallon with protein mixes and my monster aminos.

But na I don't take a pre work out. How ever I am running a cycle at the moment

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Turkey sausage 4 patties
Oatmeal 3/4 cup

Beef chili 2.5 cups

Stir fry 1.5 cup

Protein shake

Protein shake after workout

Fish or turkey casserole (spinach onion and rice)

Cottage cheese 1 cup or casein protein shake

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established

As a distance athlete and coach I can second your observations.
Compared to my distance running brethren, I eat far fewer carbs and much more fat-with a marked impact (positive) on my endurance.
My typical pre-run consists of MCT's-to the astonished amazement of my athletes.
No probes w/ recovery whatsoever (just be sure to eat plenty of veggies to balance blood Ph)

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
How ever I am running a cycle at the moment
WHUW WHUW WHUW! a cycle and after only 10 months. vary dangerous. your tendons and ligaments just are not ready for you to maximize the workouts. it can take 5-10 years of solid lifting for your body to be ready. and dont forget that using is an ace card that can only be played once for maximal results. you are still so new that newb gains are easy to come by with nothing but plenty of food and lots of sleep.

Turkey sausage 4 patties
Oatmeal 3/4 cup

Beef chili 2.5 cups

Stir fry 1.5 cup

Protein shake

Protein shake after workout

Fish or turkey casserole (spinach onion and rice)

Cottage cheese 1 cup or casein protein shaket
are you dieting down while on that cycle? what you listed seems like 1-2 meals. now im not saying eat 5-8 times a day. not a fan of that. 3 large meals are plenty IMO.

im not a fan of oatmeal and especially carbs in the morning. i would eat more fatty food first thing in the morning. full fatty sausage, full fatty bacon, eggs, etc.

the fish is great. if you do that everyday its going to work great for your body.

the carbs do seem low, but again, everything seems low. i couldnt imaging this being more than 2000 calories if even that. i am about the same build as you and i can eat 2000 for a meal and do that at least one more time and im not even trying to bulk and this is with just 3 workouts a week.

so here is my opinion. stop the cycle and do your PCT, eat harder, sleep harder, workout harder, get harder results. or in english and keeping it simple, eat more!

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
WHUW WHUW WHUW! a cycle and after only 10 months. vary dangerous. your tendons and ligaments just are not ready for you to maximize the workouts. it can take 5-10 years of solid lifting for your body to be ready. and dont forget that using is an ace card that can only be played once for maximal results. you are still so new that newb gains are easy to come by with nothing but plenty of food and lots of sleep.

are you dieting down while on that cycle? what you listed seems like 1-2 meals. now im not saying eat 5-8 times a day. not a fan of that. 3 large meals are plenty IMO.

im not a fan of oatmeal and especially carbs in the morning. i would eat more fatty food first thing in the morning. full fatty sausage, full fatty bacon, eggs, etc.

the fish is great. if you do that everyday its going to work great for your body.

the carbs do seem low, but again, everything seems low. i couldnt imaging this being more than 2000 calories if even that. i am about the same build as you and i can eat 2000 for a meal and do that at least one more time and im not even trying to bulk and this is with just 3 workouts a week.

so here is my opinion. stop the cycle and do your PCT, eat harder, sleep harder, workout harder, get harder results. or in english and keeping it simple, eat more!
Great advice, on pretty close watch with the cycle so probably continue it 4 weeks left.
I will def eat harder though!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carb up prior to... You said your diet is in check assuming that is correct just utilize a lot of your carbs pre workout. Give that a try I'm willing to bet problem solved.

- Valdez

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I wonder what your BP, HR, and O2 sats look like?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
You're on cycle? Thats probably what's doing it. You said this just started? What are you taking? when did you start cycle? Should have mentioned this in opening post.

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
You're on cycle? Thats probably what's doing it. You said this just started? What are you taking? when did you start cycle? Should have mentioned this in opening post.[/QUOTE

Tried upping my carb in take and fats about 2 hours before my workouts this week that seemed to do the trick. Not only did the light headed feeling go away felt much stronger and more intense.

I'm on week 10 outta 12 with a deca, testE and winny cycle. Doin a very low dose of everything cuz I understand the concept slow and steady wins the race; not getting to crazy beings I'm still a newbie but very good results. Back on topic I do think bp, HR and O2 is playing a part in that goin for a check up in 3 weeks to make sure levels are goin back to normal

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
you know what works great for newbs every time? almost anything. with a great workout plan, great diet, and a great amount of sleep you will gain more than someone on test doing a crappy workout with a crappy diet with crappy sleep patterns.

just know that test is an ace card that can only be played once for optimal results. as a newb you played that card so you are done. someone that spends years working hard, sleeping hard, and eating hard will go further and then they do test and they will blow you out of the water. sorry to be the one to tell you but test this early in a game is a major newb mistake.

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
you know what works great for newbs every time? almost anything. with a great workout plan, great diet, and a great amount of sleep you will gain more than someone on test doing a crappy workout with a crappy diet with crappy sleep patterns.

just know that test is an ace card that can only be played once for optimal results. as a newb you played that card so you are done. someone that spends years working hard, sleeping hard, and eating hard will go further and then they do test and they will blow you out of the water. sorry to be the one to tell you but test this early in a game is a major newb mistake.
Guess we will find out.