Any shot put coaches out there?

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
My school does not have a coach on staff for me to get technique pointers from, so I was hoping someone here would be able to do that! I have videos of my throws and would love it to get pointers even just little things. Thanks!

I also didn't know which thread to post this in sorry!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can help you with strength and conditioning for shot, but I think you should go to the USA track and field website/forum and see if you can find a coach or someone willing to help you out virtually there.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I can help you with strength and conditioning for shot, but I think you should go to the USA track and field website/forum and see if you can find a coach or someone willing to help you out virtually there.
Excellent suggestion. USATF doesn't have much for a forum, but M&F is decent
http :// forum.everythingtrackandfield.com/ DefaultPermissions/DiscussionForum/tabid/203/afv/topicsview/aff/9/ Default.aspx (Remove spaces)

I'd help, but I am a distance coach-not much use to you, unless you want to step it up to a real man's game :)

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestions guys. As for the distance running I will have to pass. I have this thing about cardio I don't really do it!

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestions guys. As for the distance running I will have to pass. I have this thing about cardio I don't really do it!
That's okay-I am sure that you are a decent guy otherwise :)
Seriously though, if you want to excel in throwing, you will need to incorporate SOME running-wind sprints, bounding, block starts

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget running ladders and cone drills.

It is often overlooked, but good footwork is crucial to throwing well.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget running ladders and cone drills.

It is often overlooked, but good footwork is crucial to throwing well.
I do sprints I do however need to incorporate more agility stuff into my workouts!

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
As I said
Ladders, cones, dot drills, etc are all golden

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd add in some resistance based sprints (sleds, hills, band towing, etc.) prior to getting into 100's. These will improve your drive phase mechanics, which are most important for success in both the 40 and the 100m sprint.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
I'd add in some resistance based sprints (sleds, hills, band towing, etc.) prior to getting into 100's. These will improve your drive phase mechanics, which are most important for success in both the 40 and the 100m sprint.
I have access to more than one prowler so that area is covered! Thank you!